drive shaft prob

the driver side drive shaft of the rt has a half shaft. the bearing mount by the timing cover has one of three bolts. the two missing bolt holes in the block are stripped. any help?

Comments

• akiraboyakiraboy HondaCivicWagon.com Founder
    If you are referring to the intermediate shaft mount on the back of the motor you may need to drill out the hole and re-tap to a larger size thread. Or thread-sert it which would still require some drilling
  • that sounds like a lot of work for an engine with +225,000 over 2years ago when we pulled the speedo and then became a daily driver. saterday is 50% off at the junk so i am looking for a twin cam ZC. wish me luck.
  • akiraboyakiraboy HondaCivicWagon.com Founder
    damn get me one too

I love 1/2 price days @ the yard. My gsx motor was 80 bux
  • i couldn't get out there that day but my friend said that there wasn't any good looking one. so no big lose.

i retaped the block at a standerd fine tread, for got the size. it lasted a day on the trails getting all muddy, but the alternater took a dump half way back to the hwy. the trusty honda died about 10 miles down the road.

my other friends continud home for jumpers. they get back and i hook up the cables and let the other truck charge my batery for about 10 min.

i was then able to get all the way down to the city and then died again. charged again for 5 and made it all the way to work where it has rested all week.

i am still looking for a ZC but now with everything maybe a front clip. i still need a smog in a couple of months
  • the driver side drive shaft of the rt has a half shaft. the bearing mount by the timing cover has one of three bolts. the two missing bolt holes in the block are stripped. any help?

this is what mine looked like earlier today..the damn thing came apart the moment it came out the tranny end.

axle.jpg

then i put in a new one that came with a little donut damper on it.

axle12.jpg