want a better 5th gear

Has anyone changed out the 5th gear in the AWD trans for the gear from an SI trans

Comments

• SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    :D The 5 th gear in the 4WD is better than the Si all ready. :|
  • Better?
    You want a higher top speed or more pull in 5th gear?
    You get one or the other.
  • I would love to change all my gears being turbo charged I what better gearing for racing
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    wow another turbo'd wagon in WA state. well mines not turbo'd just yet but its super super close.
    :? Davens & I answered your question,but all this is a mute issue 'cuz the Gears are not swappable between a Si & 4WD.
  • SiWagon wrote:
    but all this is a mute issue

Huh?

Do you mean the gears can't talk or that Marcel Marceau (famous French mime) will do the work? LOL

The word you are looking for is "moot". :twisted:

Sorry, can't help it... I'm a translator (English to French and French to English) by training and have worked in this area for almost 20 years.

Another big part of my job is to proofread documents before they go to print. My colleagues call me "Eagle Eyes" because I stop stuff like this in both the original text and the translation. It drives them nuts...
  • Oh, thank Heavens. I thought I was the only repressed grammar nazi on the Intarwebs.

I don't have a job in that specialty, but I do have to write plenty of white papers, and those need a lot of proofreading. And my team won the local Adult Literacy League spelling bee two years in a row.

Alright, Lalunette, let's get together and RULE these forums with an IRON FIST!
  • judebert wrote:
    Oh, thank Heavens. I thought I was the only repressed grammar nazi...

Well, the spelling on these forums can be pretty atrocious at times but I let that pass in exchange for EXCELLENT help and advice from a variety of forum participants when it comes to keeping my wagon running and lookin' fine...
    judebert wrote:

Okay judebert, let's start by correcting you mispelling of the word "alright". :wink:

Ha ha, just kidding !!

P.S. How are things going with your electric wagon?
  • lalunette wrote:
    Well, the spelling on these forums can be pretty atrocious at times but I let that pass in exchange for EXCELLENT help and advice from a variety of forum participants when it comes to keeping my wagon running and lookin' fine...

I feel exactly the same way. Besides, I've found that people tend to take offense at grammar and spelling corrections. Yours was pretty funny, though, so I think you managed to avoid trouble.
    lalunette wrote:
    judebert wrote:

Okay judebert, let's start by correcting you mispelling of the word "alright". :wink:

Now, now. "Alright" is non-standard, but has been used in several literary works, including those of James Joyce. Unfortunately, it's only been around for a century or so, nowhere near as long as "already" and "altogether", so it's much less acceptable.

I'm also guilty of using "programmer's quoting", but I consider it an effort to move the language in a rational, modern direction.

We'll never get anywhere if we can't learn to automatically agree with each other! :lol: You'd better jump under this bandwagon before the train leaves the station!
    lalunette wrote:
    P.S. How are things going with your electric wagon?

I run updates (when I get the time!) on my blog. I've gotten the motor back, and it's beautiful. But I've got so many projects going on, and Christmas and Hannukah are kicking my a$$ this year, so I've put it on hold until the New Year.

Thanks for asking!

And, to avoid totally threadjacking the topic: are there *any* transmissions compatible with the Wagon? Mine could stand to lose some weight, and I've got plenty of low-end torque.
  • Has anyone changed out the 5th gear in the AWD trans for the gear from an SI trans

The gears between the transmissions and NOT interchangable. The inner diameter where the roller bearings ride is different. If you really want a different 5th gear, Jamie Houseman www.racegearbox.com is the person to talk too.

But custom gears are NOT cheap. He did a 5th gear for a B16 Cable tranny 6-10 years ago, it was $600 USD then. Plus you'd have to send in your 5th gear for him to measure off of.

I never did see if Accord/Prelude 5th would interchange, bu the AWD tranny is a beast of it's own.
    moot or mute... :lol: Thx learn something new today.