Charb's love-hate 90 RT4wd

So, bought this as a second car on 4-20-04 (ya, I know lol) as I had "big plans" for my 2000 hatch. Well, changed my mind and sold the hatch. Wanting an Integra (which I still do).

This car smoked a bit, but ran like a champ after it was tuned up. Well, I bought a ZC and had it sittin in my garage for a while. One day drivin home in October from work, the clutch grenaded in the middle of lunch hour rush.

Finally in December of 04 we got the ZC4wd runnin. I had too much fun driving this thing with our sometimes shitty NW roads. The car became the new daily driver after we got the kinks worked out. Everything I wanted in a daily beater/work car. In the market for suspension, then onto a new car... I decided to wreck it delivering a pizza 6-25-05. Actually I hit a lady that didn't have her lights on.

Since then, the car has sat. Debating on what I would do. I started to part it out... wheels, motor, driveshaft... Sick and tired of driving my shitty ass Explorer that I elected as my "new winter ride" I had an epiphany after a rough drive home after droppin $50 into the tank. And after seeing all the love the wagons have been gettin lately! lol

Not gonna speculate, but we're in the middle of tearing it down for paint. I've also got a lot of people throwing in a hand to see this thing where we want it. I'll post another pic after I ship it off to her new home.

swap082qm.jpg
img01993jq.jpg
img02032qt.jpg
img02021gk.jpg
23.jpg
wagon18xw.jpg
24.jpg

Comments

• duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    *gasp* im sorry abut the front....

i love the ZC. its so clean. the paint job on the cover looks great! it makes it look brand-spankin' new. that ZC looks natural sitting there in the engine bay.

the rims look great too. i like how you went from all black mesh to black with silver rimmed. it looks great!
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong in this car. I have a problem with not letting things get the best of me. And cars are no exception.

I almost sold her for $150. But I figured I wouldn't find a shell worth buying for $150 myself. Can't be more unique than a 4wd Civic, right? With what I want and what I need all in a budget, this is gonna workout perfect.

I really think this sort of thing is going to get HUGE. I wanna drive the bandwagon LOL
  • akiraboyakiraboy HondaCivicWagon.com Founder
    24.jpg
    the front end really doesn't look that bad, looks shitty but I'm sure its
    do-able
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Oh, it's gonna get done lol

Not really sure how I'm gonna go about parts. There's been a couple cheap wagon's on cragslist I thought about purchasing. That way I can get some of the other stuff I need too (interior, suspension, driveshaft). Hopefully just pick up an aftermarket rad-support.

We'll see, I'm gonna be movin soon and I gotta move the car to a friends house where it'll be painted once it's warmer. I could probably store a second car there as well, but I'm not positive.

The only junkyard worth checking out is almost an hour from my place. And it's known to not have much. But I'm still gonna check it out...
  • Don't give up!!!
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    lemme know if you need parts, i have a pretty complete rt4wd parts car, it has 502,000km on it heheh. but it still has lots of useable parts. i know i'd have all those lights, bumper, maybe hood, maybe fender... rad support for sure. i might have everything. anyway, best of luck.