How much did your auto to manual conversion cost?

How much $$$ did you spend converting from auto to manual transmission?

Comments

• Are you looking to do this on an RT or FWD wagon?
  • bikewhorderbikewhorder New Wagonist

I did one a few years ago with a rusted out parts car. My expenses were only new refreshening parts like the clutch and timing belt. I bought the whole car for $200 and made about $800 selling off parts i didn't need so in the end it was a net gain. Its not easy though, it took me all winter and in the end I had to take it to a shop that miraculous was able to get the wiring sorted. I don't even know what they did so I can't help unfortunately.

• I bought a wagon as well to do an RT swap. With an RT one of the hardest things to find if you don't have a spare wagon is the passenger side mount as the trans mounts are different between the AT and MT. I bought my RT for 1100 and it was basically a rust bucket and ended up needing a new transfer case anyways. I do have lots of spare now though, all the glass, diff, drive-shaft, interior pieces etc.

• FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist

I'm needing a passenger side rear mudflap for an RT4wd. If you have one in good shape and not completely rusted, let me know how much shipped to zip 97210.

Also after a minty shift knob from a manual RT....if ya have one, I'll take it.

DM me some pics if you can.

• I'll take a look and see what I have.