turbo guru help lotsa q's

178.jpg
179.jpg
180.jpg
181.jpg
182.jpg
183.jpg
184.jpg

hey guys as you all know i just done a gsr wire tuck thread not long ago as the thread stated i was gonna spray it but i ran across this turbo setup from turbonetics and the turbo is a gt 24 and its all used up so i was looking to get a .50 trim turbo for it but i am not too up tp date on turbos anyone who is can help me lol (maybe) i am looking for a turbo that is gonna spool around 3500 to 4000 and is gonna stay at full boost untill the 7800 mark. i also would like to get around the 275 to 300 whp. mark as well on 8 to 10 lbs. and if you know that maybe you can help me figure out if i will be ok on fuel i got the rc 310 injectors and the fmu but idunno if thats enough my friend was running this kit on his b16 and he said he put down some good numbers on his b16 with this setup im thinking it was around the 340 mark but like i said this is gonna be a d.d on a conservative tune any advice would be great thanks alot fellas Jeremy

Comments

• hman1991hman1991 New Wagonist
    ditch the fmu and run turbo edit or uberdata. all those fmu's are good for are wrecking fuel pumps. also you want to be able to tune it if you want it reliable.
  • allmotrwagnallmotrwagn New Wagonist
    yea i am not gonna use the fmu and i have a walboro 255 in the tank now i am also gonna have a p72 s300ed so ill be able to datalog and tune with that setup on my friends dyno importhotrodgarage.com theres pics of my wagon on there know but i want to turbo it and get some better looking numbers
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    rywire.com for the obd1 conversion, get your self a cheapo B&M FPR and a summit liquid filled fuel presure guage (the B&M guages always break on me so dont buy them) i would recomend some 550cc injectors instead of those 310's. as for a turbo i would recomend a t3/t4 hybrid turbo i cant remeber the exact specs on the turbo but it was like to4e or something they are cheap. i had one on my stock gsr a few years back and it felt awsome never dyno'd it but the ass dyno felt like 270ish hp. POST PICS of the install when u do it.
    and dont use those POS green O-rings that companies give u with there injectors dam near every set me and my friends ever use eventually leak nothing better than the black OEM O-rings.
  • allmotrwagnallmotrwagn New Wagonist
    i already have the aerodyne liquid filled fuel gauge and adjustable reg. i think the reg. is a b and m but i am just looking at turbos and good setups would love to know what turbo that was i know where there is a t3 t4 hybrid that is a .70 trim i can get for around the 300.00 and i also know where theres a .50 trim for the same price but if i eventually build the bottom end then the 70 trim would be great for 15to 18 pounds anymore suggestions would be great thanks for the help so far guys
    i'd go with the smaller hybrid turbo
  • SLeePERSLeePER New Wagonist
    Nice pick-up you got there. yeah Ditch the FMU and rock a Whalbro Intank....definetly get bigger injecotrs if you want to run more boost. I imagine your block and head are all stock so your pretty limited on how much boost you want to run. Just depends on how fast you wanna go and how fast your motor will go with it hahaah....Will you be tuning it yourself. Uberdata or chome or both pretty good for the DIY'r. Wideband/Laptop and yuor good to go, just a pain in the ass at 1st if you dont know what ya doing LOL...If you could slap it on a Dyno and have a bad ass tuner I would run NEPTUNE. All us out here in the midwest pretty much Run it. Or Hondata. TONY PALOS ( T1 ) or Jason ( Stoopid ) tune alot of our cars. Since your on the east coast, i think theres a dude name MACE who was the HONDATA king for a while.
  • SLeePER wrote: »
    Nice pick-up you got there. yeah Ditch the FMU and rock a Whalbro Intank....definetly get bigger injecotrs if you want to run more boost. I imagine your block and head are all stock so your pretty limited on how much boost you want to run. Just depends on how fast you wanna go and how fast your motor will go with it hahaah....Will you be tuning it yourself. Uberdata or chome or both pretty good for the DIY'r. Wideband/Laptop and yuor good to go, just a pain in the ass at 1st if you dont know what ya doing LOL...If you could slap it on a Dyno and have a bad ass tuner I would run NEPTUNE. All us out here in the midwest pretty much Run it. Or Hondata. TONY PALOS ( T1 ) or Jason ( Stoopid ) tune alot of our cars. Since your on the east coast, i think theres a dude name MACE who was the HONDATA king for a while.

Bringing this thread back to life for the sake of not creating a new one… Not sure if I'm in the right or the wrong here. Does anyone know if this burner would to work with Neptune? It's stupid cheap. Maybe I'll just order it and give it a try. If it works I will post up some feedback!

http://m.gearbest.com/development-boards/pp_154866.html?currency=USD&vip=760186&gclid=CjwKEAjw5M3GBRCTvpK4osqj4X4SJAABRJNCLhErSWY9hJjhZYTLyRtPHpm5wUQS5zbZaMOKykWqeRoCE9rw_wcB
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    Bringing this thread back to life for the sake of not creating a new one… Not sure if I'm in the right or the wrong here. Does anyone know if this burner would to work with Neptune? It's stupid cheap. Maybe I'll just order it and give it a try. If it works I will post up some feedback!

http://m.gearbest.com/development-boards/pp_154866.html?currency=USD&vip=760186&gclid=CjwKEAjw5M3GBRCTvpK4osqj4X4SJAABRJNCLhErSWY9hJjhZYTLyRtPHpm5wUQS5zbZaMOKykWqeRoCE9rw_wcB

Email XENOCRON and ask them. That is who I go through for everything after my ECU from Phearable was trash.