B20 bogging

Okay, so I have a b20z wagon, a couple weeks ago it was sputtering and bogging pretty bad, so I got new spark plug wires, that fixed the problem, but that's not all, after that it was running great (so I thought) a couple days later I got in it and started driving down the road and it was driving AMAZING, better then it was previously. It was supper peppy, smooth and would just take off, I couldn't believe it, I had done nothing to it. But it ran like that for 2 days and was right back to how it was previous to those couple days. And today it started bogging again in low rpms in 1st gear when I press the gas to take off. Maybe a throttle isue? And it just seems like it's not running to its full potential. When I'm in 3rd or 4th and I hit about 3500-4000 rpm it gets power and it feels like vtec kicking in... (I have a non vtec motor)
If anyone has any recommendations on what I should do plz let me know, I would love to get it back running how it was for those couple days. Thanks guys

Comments

• i would check the inside of the cap, to make sure theres no moisture or oil inside. also just to see if it it corroded. was it raining the day it was running badly? also maybe check timing, or if distributor is loose.
  • civtec350 wrote: »
    i would check the inside of the cap, to make sure theres no moisture or oil inside. also just to see if it it corroded. was it raining the day it was running badly? also maybe check timing, or if distributor is loose.

It had snowed the day before it started running really good. And like I said it ran great for 2 days and then right back to how it was. It just doesn't want to go, I mean it drives fine, starts and gets me where I need to go but it's just not running to its full potential. I will check the distributor out today
    i would check the inside of the cap, to make sure theres no moisture or oil inside. also just to see if it it corroded. was it raining the day it was running badly? also maybe check timing, or if distributor is loose.

So I checked the cap, it looks brand new. Only thing I noticed was the tip of the little prong thing in the bottom of the cap was brown. Maybe rust? Could that be anything??
  • thats the rotor button, that makes contact with the center of the rotor. if its really worn down that could be an issue. try cleaning it with a small wire brush.
    also try to pry the piece of the rotor that rides on that button out just a little, to make sure it has good contact.
    thats the rotor button, that makes contact with the center of the rotor. if its really worn down that could be an issue. try cleaning it with a small wire brush.
    also try to pry the piece of the rotor that rides on that button out just a little, to make sure it has good contact.

Okay I will try that, unfortynatly we are in the middle of a big ice storm, supposed to last for 2 more days, but i will get to work on with this all clears over, thankyou for the help.
    I'm also going to clean out my injector clips and my tps and see if that helps. Actually the other day when I took the cap off to look at it, I also pulled the injector clips out and just blew into them to blow out a little stuff that could been in them, did the same to the tps plug and I drove it a couple hours later and it was driving good again. So we will see what happens when I clean them and the cap.