a few questions.

i just picked up a 88 or 89 rt. its trashed beyond anything you can imagine. i am currently pulling the 4wd system out now for my minty mint 91 2wd. is it actually worth pulling the intake manifold and wiring for my d15? the car is an auto but the trans is toast. i was thinking about pulling the tcase and keeping it for a spare but i dont know if it fits the 91 6 speed trans?? anything i should pull out that might be good to keep? i got the usual parts and will be cutting the vc mounts out as well. should i pull cut out the front mounts for the diff?

Comments

• Unless you already have the components to do mpfi it definitely wouldn't hurt to grab that stuff. And the transfer case, get it too. If it's in working order, even if you don't end up using it, it's a good part to have for trade. Cut all the mounts too, there's a thread on here about the conversion so grab everything listed there.
  • i was more wondering if its worth it to actually swap the intake over? or just wait until i find a z6. i already put a b18 in my rt so this mint wagon is super gutless lol. im not gonna do as much work this time tho. a simple d series would be good enough. if it will make it a nicer running car ie power wise and still keep the nice mpg then sure ill go for it. my 2wd only has 91962 miles so it really doesnt need anything lol. do i need to cut the front mounts for the rear diff out and weld those in too? it started raining today while i was pulling the parts so i didnt really get a good chance to look. i know i have to pull the vc mounts or rather cut them out.