ZC swap into rt4wd questions.

I know there is a sticky thread for this swap, which has been extremely helpful. but ive been over and through it at least a dozen times, and now that im in the middle of the swap, i have some unanswered questions. going to back to finish this weekend and would like to be more prepared.

1st: oilpans: my ZC pan DID NOT clear the transfercase.. tried hammering it in because my a6 pan isnt in the greatest shape, but its looking like ill have to use a6. ALSO, the picture on oriellys website looks just like the rt pan.

2nd: oil sump: when i had the two sumps next to eachother, they are identical in size and shape. who has definitave proof that the rt4wd sump is different and how is it different? my a6 spun a bearing so i dont want to use that sump.

3rd: does anyone know the oil capacity?

Other than that, the sticky thread is very informative and helpful. Thank you all and if anyone has any knowledge let me know your experience. ill post a pic of the car when the swap is finished.
P.S. if anyone has a dohczc pump or manifold theyd be willing to sell, just send me a pm.
thanks again! ~jazz

Comments

• klumklum Senior Wagonist
    you need to reuse your old wagon oil pan, oil pans are wagon specific - fill with oil til dipstick reads full . I have swapped zc into my car and i'd reccomend using the sump that came on the motor.
  • Thats what i was thinking, but for some reason, the sticky info and other forums say that the rt sump is different.. lots of conflicting info out there lol