d16y8 into my 90 rt wagon (PS and AC question)

Hi all!, i'm searching since a lot of days about this swap. i know it be not hard at all. i'm buying a complete car (acura 1.6el in canada) from my friend. i know the engine is great and i will pay 600$ for everything (complete functional car). The only things i'm still not sure about this swap is the power steering pump and A/C. I know there is people on this board with d16y swap into there wagon. i want to know what you did about your ps and A/C. Can i use the PS pump from the d16y8 with adapter plate, and what about the belt. For the A/c, i supposed i will to keep and use my old compressor. But how does it fit on the d16y8 block, I supposed ? what about the belt for AC too?

The rest of the swap is not a mistery anymore after reading on multiple forum about this swap.

thanks to let me know guys.

Dont pay attention to my english cuz i'm french canadian.

Comments

• klumklum Senior Wagonist
    you just need a AC bracket off your old motor I believe... Belts the same too d series are interchangable iirc they have multiple holes tapped already for different brackets
  • kennyword1kennyword1 Band Wagon
    I swapped a d16z6 in my 91 wagon been having problems with getting P/S to work as well. I have been searching for info but cant find anything.