1991 CRX Cluster and cluster cover on 1989 Wagon?

Ok, ok..... before everyone rolls their eyes and says this has been discussed, know that I have searched here and I have looked across other sites as well. No concrete answer!

I know that you have to repin the clusters/hazards n switches need to be soldered, and i know the clusters will bolt up with the right mounts. My question is if the CRX *cluster cover* from 90-91 will replace the 88-89 unit on my RT with no modification. Anyone have pictures?

I guess the question also involves if the 88-91 Civic HB shares the exact dash as the wagon. Because if it does, the cluster cover should* work from what I have read..

Nevertheless, I have a beloved 1991 VTi cluster that i want to install in my new 1989 RT4wd and before i purchase a CRX cover, i felt to ask all my wagon homies!

Thanks guys!

Comments

• FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    bump for anyone with images of said swap!
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    The cluster covers are not interchangeable between years without modification. Cant remember exactly off the top of my head other than I have both versions at home and the newer one didn't fit my 88.
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    So the dash between the CRX and all civics is different? Hmmm. I may just have to get a cover myself and try. I think I did a few years ago and it *did* work. Ha.

Nevertheless, thanks for chiming in man!