woes of the passenger mirror and solutions

I have a busted glass on my passenger mirror and as we all know it's a bitch to find a good replacement.

I'm wondering if anyone has used a sedan or hatch glass and somehow got it to work with the wagon mirror/mirror housing and assembly.

has anyone?!

seems like someone would have done it or given it a try!

thanks dudes!

Comments

• I think I still have my mirrors in a box somewhere since I switched over to fender mirrors. Want me to check? Can't comment on the use of hatch or sedan glass myself though.
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    I was just wondering if the lens/mirror itself could be popped off and somehow replace a faulty one....

the next time i find a sedan ill give it a try!

if anyone *has* done it, let's see!
  • Yes you can definitely replace the glass, it's not a major task by any means. I'll check my manual and see if it has directions for doing that.

I have replaced glass on one before though.
    so that's my main question. is the glade/mirror part the same for the sedan and wagon? you said you just popped the glass off from a sedan mirror and into a wagon housing?!? if so, that clarifies everything!
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    https://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?2606-EE-mirrors-101

My RH mirror got broken when i was parked on the side of a road once, that would be your passenger side, my drivers side. I replaced the glass piece with one from a hatch.

And here are the part numbers (For an EF2!), just in case:

76220-SH5-901 - RIGHT
    76270-SH5-901 - LEFT
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Yes, the glass will fit, there are two styles of them though. The glass itself is the same shape but the plastic backer is different. I made a thread years ago- "mirrors 101" maybe?

edit: here ya go. https://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?2606-EE-mirrors-101&highlight=Mirrors+101
    you're the man! thanks bam!