OBD 1 injectors on OBD 0 car?

I've been looking around on the net for info on this and the general consensus is that you just need to solder the wires from the resistor box and dremel out part of the female end of the plug to allow the obd0 male side to slide in. BUT! I legit cannot find any pictures that i need to use for a guide can anyone post a pic or tell me on this one what wires to solder together , and will i run into any issues when i go to smog my car because of this?
my injectors stick causing my car to run rich which was a hassle last smog test but i passed and im just trying to get my car running like a top and of course get a little better gas mileage considering im just running raw fuel out the tail pipe at this point!

i searched but nothing really screaming obvious answer in here so i figured id just post this and get to the bottom of it real quick lol.

88.jpg

heres a pic i found of the different plugs. Obd 0 on left obd 1 I want to say and the old 1 dremeled

Use a 92-95 civic power distribution block like this:

89.jpg

Just depin the whole distribution block and your resistor box and put the 4 red/blk wires and 1 yel/blk wire into the distribution block in any position. That will just send 12v power to the injectors when the ignition is on bypassing the resistor. That way there is no splicing. Only do this when using Saturated 12ohm injectors. If you install some peak hold 2.5 ohm injectors like say...dsm 440s then you need to put the resitor back in.

90.jpg

BTW: There is no need to replace the obd0 injectors if you leave the resistor box when doing an obd1 swap. Just use the Obd0 injectors in the obd1 motor regardless of ecu.

found this but i dont get it as ive never done anything with these parts of the harness before.

Comments

• PoozMcgueePoozMcguee New Wagonist
    On the OBD-0 Loom, There's the green plug that the injector resistor box plugs into. one Yel/Blk and the 4x Red/Blk's. Connect them all together, then you can run OBD-1 Injectors.
    92.jpg
    Now you just have to make the plug fit like you said, so you can dremell that or attach the OBD-1 Plug to the OBD-0 Loom.

This is a must do for anyone looking to go for a bigger injector as the OBD-0 options are very limited.
    When i put the OBD-1 Engine into my OBD-0 Car, I chose to stay with OBD-0 Injectors and loom, with resistor box.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    so cut the plug part out male and female ends and tie the pig tails together , solder , heat shrink?
    The Male end's the injector. so you'll be swapping the female plug over, putting OBD-1 Plugs on the OBD-0 Loom. (can the be de-pinned)
    First off I'd try putting some marker per on the OBD1 Injector Male and fit it into the OBD-0 Female and dremmel anywhere that has ink?
    or a second opinion before swapping the injector wires over but that was my plan =)
    Try a few other ways before chopping them etc.
    you can use any type of injector so long as you keep a resistor box with obd0 injectors, and delete the box if using obd1/2 injectors. since you are using obd1 injectors you will need to delete the box. start by disconnecting the box and setting it aside. then take the 5 wires that went to the box, and solder them together. wrap up the connection securely and you're done.

im gunna dremel over swapping plugs over because its less cutting of the harness which im already sketched out about...
    hello . i couldnt find a post on it so i figured i would share .

i have a wagon with a B16B out of a 97CTR. and well back-dating is easy . and just like the accords,preludes and obdo mpfi civic/teg they all use a resistor box due to low impedance injectors

well now im using an obd1 injector and clip on my harness with an obd0 ecu . its very simple and easy to do

you can do this one of 2 ways

option "a" cut the harness side of the resistor plug and solder them together and then cut the injector clips off and solder the obd1 injector clips on and then you put in the obd1 injectors and tighten it all back up and your done ...

option "b" you can cut the resistor box side on the other side of the plug . keeping the harness intact .solder all 5 wires together heat shrink to keep moister out and plug back on to harness . make a jumper to go from the injector clips to make it go from obd0 to obd1 . . pop in your obd1 injectors and clip on the jumper adapters .

as most of us know obd1 style injectors are better and easier to find upgrades for . it is a great option and upgrade . this will also work if you are using an obd0 to obd1 jumper harness as well . and for those who have a dpfi to mpfi jumper harness this will work as well with any any all combinations .

This is a quote from a post called using old 1 getting rid of the resistor box or something like that https://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?13152-getting-rid-of-the-resistor-box-and-using-OBD1-injectors

93.jpg

94.jpg

finding more and more info
    96.jpg

So is this the side i cut and solder all the wires together?
    then do i just need to grind down the parts of the injector to allow obd 0 plugs and im set?
    Yes Ma'am, Can always cut the resistor box side of the plug so you can plug another box in if you want, instead of having to connect a lost plug again.
  • Yeah cut the plug and about 3" of wire off the resistor box and solder those all together. Then plug that back into the engine harness. Was easier to go backwards if needed.
    PoozMcguee wrote: »
    Yes Ma'am, Can always cut the resistor box side of the plug so you can plug another box in if you want, instead of having to connect a lost plug again.

ima dude. -____-

102.jpg

here you can see the obd 0 injector has a line down the middle of the plug
    103.jpg
    104.jpg
    the plug shows voids on either side which use the two lines as a guide or track ( completely unneccesary )

here you can see there is no line down the middle but there is two lines at the top of the plug , those are what we will dremel out.

105.jpg

heres a ground down aka " modded " obd 1 injector

106.jpg

i used a very thin dremel attachment

107.jpg

" if it clips, it fits "

success the injector is now ready to be matted to my obd 0 harness!
    108.jpg

upon inspection of the obd 0 injectors i noticed one of the hats was stuck in place this could be the cause of my raw fuel and rich running smell thru the exhaust

109.jpg

cleaned out the seats

110.jpg

theres a second ring in there that has a lot of carbon build up i just left it im not sure of any negative effects it can cause considering it should be a air tight fit now

better pic of the build up
    111.jpg

nice clean o rings

112.jpg

all injectors inline and installed
    113.jpg

now for the fun and scary part
    mutilating the resistor plug wires

114.jpg

sorry harness D:

115.jpg

prior to cutting i sectioned off the top row of wires and the bottom row incase i want to reattach in the future for whatever reason that may be..

116.jpg

just going to store them with the old injectors

117.jpg

all stripped !

118.jpg

bought all this stuff a few months back only gunna need one small piece of heat shrink but i think i may tuck my engine bay so this will come in handy later on

119.jpg

soldered up real good

120.jpg

left with a nice clean " cap "

121.jpg

money shot , fired right up no more rich smelling exhaust and hopefully no more leaks or random misfire from flooding .

it may be the placebo effect but i swear the throttle response is enhanced my old injectors probably had around 300 k on them so who knows!

any ways. thanks for the help everyone that chimed in , now the internet has a hosted version of this write up :) for fellow wagoneers everywhere!