Beagle? Beagle Clone? Shuttle? clairification please.

Hello There.
Someone please clarify: What is a Beagle? How do you make a Beagle Clone? What is a Shuttle?
There is a white wagon listed as a Beagle currently on Ebay, is it real?
Thanks for your time!

Comments

• http://hondacivicwagon.yuku.com/topic/446/Honda-Shuttle-and-Honda-Beagle

The Ebay wagon is LHD so it's not a Beagle afaik. Those guys picked up the car at an auction and likely have no idea what they are talking about.
  • Perfect! Thanks for the great link.
  • Ahhh, now I understand! And now I want a Beagle-X! Why do we never get the good stuff here in the U.S.? Can we file a class-action discrimination suit?
  • MrWhoopee wrote: »
    Ahhh, now I understand! And now I want a Beagle-X! Why do we never get the good stuff here in the U.S.? Can we file a class-action discrimination suit?

I've heard it was that we didn't want that stuff, then it was how strict our crash tests were, then it was emission and CAFE regulations....now I think were getting a CTR at last. I don't know what it ever really was that kept all the cool stuff in Europe or Asia I just know it sucked.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    clsmooth wrote:
    The Beagle and Beagle-X is the most fully loaded, top of the line Shuttle or Beagle you can find. They all came with the 1.6L SOHC MPFI ZC engine and 4WD. These came in a 2-tone paint scheme where the top half is one colour, and from the door moldings down, was a metallic grey. Its options, (other then being fully loaded with power windows, dual exhaust tips, etc.) was a front bush-bar with dual 6” PIAA light mounted to them, under engine metal skid plate, tubular side steps under the factory side skirts and roof rack. What’s interesting about the Beagle is that it came with what we know as those 14” Del Sol alloy wheels, ’90 – ’93 Integra-style gauge cluster and ABS. Real-Time 4WD and ABS were markets as INTRAC. Additional accessories for these Beagles were the addition of a slave CD player, internal air filtering/freshening system, and what we know as those 14” CRX Si alloy wheels. A Beagle acquired the letter ‘X’ if it was equipped with the INTRAC system.

I don't know if this is fully accurate.

Beagle has the two tone paint job, the light bar and lights. The side steps and rear boot grip appear to be options. Has 'Civic Shuttle' on the back with extra "Beagle" stickers on the side and rear wing. It does have the 14" alloy wheels. I have never actually seen a Beagle-X 'up close' so cannot confirm about the INTRAC diff nor ABS but if it is true then a Beagle-X is essentially a Shuttle INTRAC with the two-tone job and the light bar. I have never seen any Shuttle nor Beagle with an under engine metal skid plate that was any different to the stock USDM rt4wd gearbox plate.

Power windows, dual exhaust tips, SOHC ZC, etc. are standard for any injected Shuttle and the guage cluster and climate control are just facelift (90+) items as well. Same with the stereo system - the option you picked from factory determined the type of lower console that you got. For example my INTRAC had a gathers tape head unit and an equaliser unit, 6.5" speakers in the front and 4x6?" speakers in the rear. But my Civic Pro and the 55X both have a small cubby for storing items.

I thought I had already expanded on this but I guess I forgot to; https://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?2215-Fourth-Generation-Factbook-(EE-EY-EF) (changed link to forum post)
  • Right On! Thanks guys. A few hours ago I couldn't hardly spell beegel, now I is almost an expert.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    superhatch wrote: »
    http://hondacivicwagon.yuku.com/topic/446/Honda-Shuttle-and-Honda-Beagle

The Ebay wagon is LHD so it's not a Beagle afaik. Those guys picked up the car at an auction and likely have no idea what they are talking about.

AFAIK Beagles are sold here in Europe too (Probably only in Alps countries Switzerland/Austria/Italy), so a LHD Beagle would be possible. Just not very common to be shipped out to the USA.