Best way to deal with this rust?

so I was installing my drivers door check that my car was missing and noticed some sketchy spots. really pisses me off because the guy lied to me about it saying it just had some surface rust on the rear end. surface rust on a couple spots i can handle. i should've been looking closer but i wasn't about to crawl around on my hands and knees in the freezing rain. i figured since his asking price was so high it had to be clean. it drove amaing, and from what i could see there wasn't much rust.

some further investigating lead me to this:

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

what can i even do at this point? Is it worth saving? Is it even possible? I knew about the edges on the rear, but half the damn rocker panel is gone. i live in TN so we rarely have snow. but from what 'ive been told this rust isn't going to stop until there's no metal left on the car. i wanted to keep this car forever and just keep replacing things as they break, but i know absolutely nothing about paint/body work. im upset.

Comments

• it can be fixed in my opinion. bodywork is just very time consuming,important, and eye pleasing when its done. since u said u dont know anything about bodywork, u might want to try to learn how to do some rust repair. because it would be very expensive at a body shop. you could start on the smaller spots and see how they come out, and decide from there if you want to tackle bigger spots like the rocker panel.