Daisy blind instructions

Would anyone happen to have a scan, or know where I could find, the installation instructions for real Daisy blinds? I got a set secondhand, and I'm not positive on how to mount them properly.

Comments

• klumklum Senior Wagonist
    oh man, yea that would be nice right? lol gluck. . - I'm going to be re-installing mine here 2omoro or next day i'll try to snap some pictures while I do it and write it up.
    I will be doing a very different install on mine than others and in a manner im sure isnt how the instructions would say.
    i will be tapping screws into the sheet metal hatch in the locations for the runners to keep them secure .

Also Am looking into how to make these heavier as they will tend to twist and make a racket in the back if you have the windows down.
    - how much did you pay for yours if i can ask?

edit and btw they dont come with directions buying them first hand either lol
  • HondammitHondammit Band Wagon
    Well, I actually acquired them for free. A buddy of mine had them and a few of the slats were bent, so he just said I could have them. I figured there would have been installation instructions in the package haha. Well damn, guess the way they're mounted now is as good as anything. Looking at pictures, I've noticed that in a lot of them, the motors are hidden, I can only assume in the back hatch plastics, but I couldn't figure out a way to make that work in mine. Oh well, looking forward to seeing how you do it, because I'm sure my way isn't right. Thanks!
  • I forgot to mention, since a bunch of the slats were bent up, I used 1" metal house blind slats as replacements haha. If you can luck up and find an old, wiiiiide set of metal blinds, they'll work. The ones I used have the holes in them, so I overlapped them the best I could and used cloth tape to cover the holes haha. Kinda ghetto fabulous, but I like the way they look. They're brown haha. And the slats are much sturdier than the original Daisy ones.
  • DIY anyone? http://www.blinds.com/control/product/productID,8198 Get em in various colors and since you can tweak the size you can get the price down to something manageable. Though they do have the fat cloth tape not just skinny cord.
    DIY anyone? http://www.blinds.com/control/product/productID,8198 Get em in various colors and since you can tweak the size you can get the price down to something manageable. Though they do have the fat cloth tape not just skinny cord.

Those are 2 inch blinds, finding 1 inch slats are the hard part.
  • Since when? You can go to any home depot or lowes and pick up 1" blinds all day long. Hell that same site I just linked to has 2 options for 2" aluminum mini blinds but 12 for 1" Not sure where you're looking but 1" blinds are still the general standard. 2" are harder to find. I thought that's what you meant by finding wide blinds, fatter slats. But yeah you can get custom sized aluminum blinds in 1" & 2" up to 10 feet in width all day long, neither is a difficult thing to source.
    I guess I should have specified, 1" slats without holes in them. Ones with holes for the cords are easy, the only way I could see to use regular blinds would be to get blinds wide enough to trim off the ends where the holes are, which would be aluminum blinds like 6 feet wide. Not a hard thing to source, but it wouldnt be cheap. I'm looking on the more economical side haha. But I already did mine so it's no matter anyway.
  • Oh I get what you're saying now. I've not ever dealt with the daisy blinds. So they don't have cord and holes in them they're just clipped in place?

I wager a blind company could probably sell some bulk slats uninstalled. Not sure if the die they use rounds the ends and punches the holes at the same time, but it might be worth an inquiry. In fact I'll fire one off right now to a few companies.
  • sillyasianzsillyasianz New Wagonist
    Depends on how you want to set it up. I had a set on my wagon, I cut into the lower trunk area to tuck the motor of the blinds. Most people just slip the top and bottom part into the trunk plastic area and run extended wiring for the switch. I would show you pics but I took them off a month ago and put them away. Trial and error until you find a setup you like. ENJOY!