No start Issue

Hey guys hows it going. Im having a problem with my wagon not wanting to start(D15b2 DPFI). I live in va and we just had that huge rain/tropical storm come in and dump gallons of water on us. Well yesterday was the first nice day and I went out and started the wagon to let her warm up a bit beforing driving. When i went back outside it wasnt running any longer. I tried to start it and nothing.... just cranking, cranking , cranking. Popped the hood and started to do a little diag. I know I have fuel to the "carb/TB" . I have fire on all four cylinders. And as far as I know its getting air lol. The things is with all 3 of the "parts to start" are there, and Im getting nothing. I checked the ecu for codes and I have nothing. Just the one "hello" blink. And my CEL is coming on and going off so I suspect that the Main Relay is orperating properly. Anyway I was just posting to see if anyone else has ran into this at all. If so can you help me out. Im at a loss here. Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• 89Wa-gone89Wa-gone Band Wagon
    Man this is drivng me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HondammitHondammit Band Wagon
    89Wa-gone wrote: »
    Hey guys hows it going. Im having a problem with my wagon not wanting to start(D15b2 DPFI). I live in va and we just had that huge rain/tropical storm come in and dump gallons of water on us. Well yesterday was the first nice day and I went out and started the wagon to let her warm up a bit beforing driving. When i went back outside it wasnt running any longer. I tried to start it and nothing.... just cranking, cranking , cranking. Popped the hood and started to do a little diag. I know I have fuel to the "carb/TB" . I have fire on all four cylinders. And as far as I know its getting air lol. The things is with all 3 of the "parts to start" are there, and Im getting nothing. I checked the ecu for codes and I have nothing. Just the one "hello" blink. And my CEL is coming on and going off so I suspect that the Main Relay is orperating properly. Anyway I was just posting to see if anyone else has ran into this at all. If so can you help me out. Im at a loss here. Thanks for the help in advance.

Are you sure you're getting a strong spark from your dizzy? In the past, after especially wet weather, my wagon has had troubles running. Check inside your cap for moisture, and make sure all the seals are intact. Also, check your spark plug wires, if they get wet, primarily down in the tubes, they won't want to fire. I've had all these little issues before. Basically just had to let everything dry out. Hurricanes do crazy things with water haha.
  • 89Wa-gone89Wa-gone Band Wagon
    Im not sure if the spark is strong enough. I was talking to a seasoned Tech today that told me he has seen the ignitor go bad and still produce spark just not "enough" spark. I wil have to check tomorrw. I wanna say when i pulled the plug out and connected it to the ingnition cable to test for spark, I had spark but it appeard to be yellowish/orange. I know Whiteish/blue is what im looking for but It wasnt that color. I just cant imagine how it was running good and then 5 mins later cut off and wont start again. Im going to check compression tomorrw and see where Im at there. Thanks for the reply.
  • When I've had "crank but no start" issues on my 90 horse DPFI wonder wagon it was distributor problems. Went through 3 or 4 over a 6 month period a few years back. I keep a spare in the car now right next to the extra main relay.
  • Just last month, I went through something very similar with my CRX - suddenly died and wouldn't run again, weak spark, etc. Turned out to be a coil that went bad. I had been driving for a long time on old plugs, cap, and rotor... making the coil work hard like that can fry them out. What sucked was that it TESTED fine with a volt meter, so that threw me off. I was surprised by how cheap ignition coils were on eBay. $15 shipped for a nice Delphi brand.
  • dang
    I just gave RockAuto almost 30 bux for one.