Should i bite the bullet on this wagon? or am i just overly excited?

I've been searching for a wagon for a while now. I woke up this morning and found a too-good-to-be-true wagon posted about an hour and a half away. I'm in the SE U.S, so these wagons are extremely hard to find in decent shape. I haven't seen it in person, but here's what he can tell me.

its FWD (preferred because simplicity and less moving parts)
5-speed
just under 120k miles
all original with regular maintence
no A/C (condenser is missing, the rest is still there but hasn't been ran in over a year)
no P/S
no cruise
NO RUST

its gonna need the door seals replaced, windshield replaced, and to get the A/C working. but he says its his daily driver and it runs good. listed for $3,000. after I talked with him, he said $2,600.

are the door seals or windshield hard to find?
what problems am i likely gonna encounter with fixing the A/C (besides R12 being like $40/can)? if i needed to, could i get he condenser, compressor, lines, and whatever else i may need somewhat reliably? or would it most likely turn into buying another wagon for parts?

my end goal is to have a reliable DD with A/C, that's also going to be a good future starting point for a FWD-only swap.

Comments

• I think the AC parts are universal among the entire EF line, so it should not be too difficult to locate AC parts. But I do think the price is still a tad bit high. But if they are super hard to find in your area than it might be a good deal to save you time searching for another. No rust is a good thing
  • I think the AC parts are universal among the entire EF line, so it should not be too difficult to locate AC parts

They are to a point, the difference being the compressor and hard lines. Matsushita vs sanden. I don't know if that means the condensor is different. But I'd definitely check before just ordering one.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    i pieced together a AC unit froma sedan only problem was finding the right bracket
  • New door seals would be nice to have. Are they available?

$3K seems like a lot. On the other hand, I would not take $3k for mine.