DIY/Tutorial: YES another Alternator Replacement DIY/Tutorial

I posted this in my build thread but I thought I would post it here!!
Yes I know greenteagod just posted one, but we have different methods.

ENJOY!!

I had to replace my alternator a month ago, I took lots of pictures to make a DIY.
This is the 2nd time I replaced my alternator, that's why the old one looks new, because it is!!.
The first time I didn't have time to take pictures, but your in luck this one was bad..
It got me threw my work shift but then crapped out.. F#@king Autozone junk!!

388.jpg

389.jpg

390.jpg

391.jpg

392.jpg

Most of you all drop it out the bottom, but I have never had any luck doing so.
I have always done it this way and I've never had any problems!!
393.jpg

394.jpg

395.jpg

396.jpg

397.jpg

398.jpg

It started to rain on me, but it didn't last long
399.jpg

400.jpg

401.jpg

Comments

• It's all good man, multiple ways to tackle a problem, ain't nothing wrong with that at all. Clean Annotated Steps are great. I will say though after pulling the power steering line like that you should definitely go through the process to bleed any air out of the power steering system, for those that have them.
  • I have never had to bleed the power steering before, I never knew it was possible.
    I just figured the pump would push the air out into the reservoir.
  • It eventually does, it's fortunately not like air in the brake lines. It's a pretty simple process of just having the motor running and turning the steering to full lock, holding it there for 10 seconds, then back all the way the other way to full lock and repeat a few times over. It might not be so bad on the honda, I've had to do it on my Volvo though as well as a taurus. If it's not making a bunch of noise then you probably don't have much air in there at all anyway or it's bled out already.
  • Thanks
    Good info to know!!
  • I have a supercharged RT so I just removed the driver side axle, loosened the alternator and removed the alternator bracket and it came out the bottom easily. I personally hate messing with brake fluid. Your method works well too and kudos for the write up and pics.