Transfer case bearings

I think i have found a solution to all our bearing needs for the transfer case. If any of you are like me and you decided to rebuild your motor from the inside out, you may have ran into some problems with bearings like these.

270.jpg

or maybe this one that you just want to replace because you have replaced EVERYTHING else?

205.jpg

First, you're going to need a blow up of the transfer case and all of its guts...which i'll give you here.

3.png

the first bearing in the first photo is #19 in the blow up. you can see there are actually two of them inside there. The second photo has bearing #20 in the photo. There is a local bearing company here in the northwest called:

McGuire Bearing Company

http://www.mcguirebearing.com/

Located in:

Oregon: Portland, Salem, Eugene
Washington: Seattle, Tacoma, Spokane
Idaho: Boise, Idaho Falls
Utah: Salt Lake City

They are able to mic and measure both bearings and they can match them with a replacement.

Bearing #20 in the blow up:

206.jpg

207.jpg

Old on the right, new on the left

208.jpg

Old on the right, new on the left

209.jpg

they measured out EXACTLY the same in every way. Bearing is sold in a pair with the bearing and sleeve together. #20 cost me $36.16 total and it was in stock on their shelf. i have NOT installed it yet and have NOT driven on it, but side by side they look perfect. I will be installing it tomorrow and i'll let you know how that goes and everything.

Just thought i'd put the info out there because all of these bearings are discontinued through honda.

Comments

• bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Sweet! That's good to know.
  • thumbs up(:
  • JesseCRXJesseCRX Council Member
    Just a note.
    I found out that the part number is on the box.

320/28X

Turns out that Houston Bearing also carries the exact same item. The measurements should help out alot if you are unsure of the part.

Thanks for the info, 503Wagon
  • dart151dart151 Band Wagon
    So i know this is bring this thread back from the dead but. My cousin bought a 88 rt4wd that had the tcase drive gear walk out. It broke the side cover and the bearing was in peices. After alot of measuring and looking from what i can find the correct part number for the #19 bearing is 32007. Can anyone verify this or has it already been replaced in this car with a different bearing? I cant seem to find any other numbers than what is stated in this thread. My measurements where 35x62x18mm hope it helps someone
  • dart151dart151 Band Wagon
    So i know this will be diggig up a dead thread sorry. but im helping my cousin with his 88 rt4wd he just bought. It had a bad bearing on the drive gear in the tcase causing the gear to walk over into the side cover and but a hole in it. I got the cover all figured out and ordered a bearing using the part numbers off the old race and lots of measuring and looking. The number i got was a timken 32007x. Measurements were 35mm x 62mm x 18mm . Not sure if this was stock but its what i with up with.