• GoskatenowGoskatenow Band Wagon
    Just some pics from the other day,
    478.jpg
    479.jpg
    480.jpg
    481.jpg
  • Mo-VanMo-Van Wagonist
    what traction bar is that? The thing must move!
  • eighty8crxeighty8crx Band Wagon
    ktuned traction bar
  • Is the engine torque bar standard part on the traction bar or did you add it ?

On a UK forum there was a big arguement with a Ktuned rep about the strength of the mounting location.
    Despite showing them pics of the inside of the frame rails, and failed traction bars only bolted to that location, they still claim it's safe without further mods.

Glad you've done them !!
    The standard nuts aint designed for those loads.
  • gar07gar07 Band Wagon
    sweet wagon ;)
    Thanks for the compliments. The front engine torque stabilizer is an added option. I purchased the half rad with fan and traction bar with full mounting kit for a great combo price. The front bar does bolt bolt where the OEM tow hooks would be. But they do have a braket that bolts to side of traction bar and where the stock cross membar bolts too. I'll take pics of the extra bracket. The kit also includes spacers for where the radius arms connect to the lower control arms. This traction bar is great. Very strong and very strong launches.
    810.jpg
  • Love the progress thus far. Seems like a great build, especially the JDM B16A SIR-I swap :). Would love to see a clear list of what performance mods were added. Would it be possible to update the OP with a list of all your mods?
    I will try to make a list of all parts which have been upgraded or replaced as requested. The motor and trans are stock for right now. In the future I will rebuild the motor and aim for 200whp on an old school jdm b16a. I'll drive the Z32 at that time.
    I'm not really into the stanced hype going on these days, kind of reminds me of the body kit craze from years ago. So sorry for my two and three finger gaps and no I won't go lower. I do admit wagons look very sexy when stanced properly but I build my cars to go fast and take corners faster.

Under the Hood
    ·JDM b16a SiR swap, cleaned and painted as well as 5spd cable transmission.
    ·new axles, shift linkage,etc.
    ·HASport motor mount kit
    ·68mm AEM cold air induction
    ·68mm Skunk2 black series throttle body
    · Skunk2 black series intake manifold with the inlet port matched to 68mm to make a "straight through" induction set up
    · Skunk2 composite fuel rail
    · PLM stainless header
    · straight through custom test pipe
    · Tanabe full exhaust custom fit to wagon
    · half radiator with slim fan
    · NGK wires and plugs
    · New OEM master cylinder
    · no power steering or AC, battery relocated to trunk, delete IACV and bypass, delete firewall MAP sensor, removed washer reservoir.

Suspension.
    · Skunk2 pro coilovers
    · Skunk2 pro front upper control arms/ camber kit
    · Skunk2 rear camber kit
    · Skunk2 rear lower control arms
    · new OEM rear trailing arm bushings.
    · K-tuned traction bar with front engine torque mount.
    · front and rear strut bars

Wheels and tires
    · LS mesh wheels
    · 205-50-15 Nitto neo gens!!! Yes like I said I like tire, I stretch, but the other way, haha.
    Brakes
    · stainless brake lines front and rear
    · drilled zinc plated rotors
    · new pads and calipers
    · new drums, wheel cylinders, shoes, hardware, etc..
    Keeping it old school for now OBDO, dyno tuned with a APEXI VAFC controller mounted where OEM rear view mirror mounts.
    · Integra front seats

That's where the wagon stands as for now. No where near complete but a nice set up for now. Better wheels, probably 949's and a big brake set up for sure in the future. Re-Pain't and fix body. Custom roll cage to be fabricated. And then build the motor and trans, maybe some bisi cams.... hopefully take it to a few SCCA events, maybe some drag pulls....more to come..
    Just a random pic. 1059.jpg
  • Dude that is one sweet ass ride... Super clean.... I think i need your job.... maybe then i can do the mods i want to do to it.... Great work...Where r u from?
    Thanks man. Im from PA.
  • Its been awhile since I've been on here. The wagon sits and collects dust....I dont have time to finish.... anyone interested in taking her off my hands
  • Bump! For a fresh wagon
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    Awesome looking wagon man but I do have a question, what strut tower bars are you using?
  • Strut bars were just a combo kit from ebay to get me by. I designed a custom front and rear strut bar and had a template mocked up and everything. I was going to have them CNC machined in the shop. But I'm busy with work 7 days a week and just dont have time for the wagon anymore........
  • Nice wagon. The body rust around the arches looks nasty though. And that windscreen.
  • How do those skunk2 pro-s2 coil overs ride?
  • To answer the post....
    Ya the rust. The cars 22 yrs old and Pa winters are harsh. I did plan to fully tuck the bay and fix body but like I said it just sits because I no longer have the time it deserves. Haha that wide screen is a joke... I bought a crx si shell one day for the hell of it and the mirror was in there. At first the wagon was a joke also.....then it got serious years ago and some of the fun stuff stayed. I actually had diamond racing wheels on it and had it a bit rat rodded out.
    The Skunk2 suspension was pretty harsh when first installed. I could probably go atleast a few inches lower but roads are horrible around here. I really haven't even broken her in after all the work. ...had a headache with the brakes that wont go away and got busy with work.
  • Very clean ride tastefully modified!
  • uhhhhhhhhh
  • unc25unc25 New Wagonist
    holy 2 year old thread batman!!!
  • Yeah I was a bit baffled too, random comment on an old build thread of a guy who hasn't been active on the forum at all this year. But hey, maybe he'll see interest in his build and return. Who knows.