'91 Dx

Well I've had my wagon for a while now. Found it on craigs for 600 bucks. I figured it was a good price for a "running" Honda despite how much work it needed. The auto trans was slipping horribly. It burned too much oil. The roof was caving in. Lights were busted. Dings and dents everywhere. Smelled! The list went on and on but I figured I could handle it when the time came. Driving it home i realized how much I was gonna love the car. It just felt right, ya' know!?
Anyway, I've since then shown it a bit of love and tried taking pictures. Here are some...

773.jpg
780.jpg
781.jpg
781.jpg

Went to the local pick n pull and got some pieces for it...
782.jpg
783.jpg

Then sanded the car down for a quick Rustoleum paint job...
784.jpg
785.jpg
786.jpg
787.jpg
788.jpg

After paint i realized it needed some wheels so got on Craigslist and found some HX's...
789.jpg

Next step was to lower it a bit with some generic products.. whatever...
790.jpg

She then sat nice and low.
791.jpg

I also started making my own front lip and trying to make a rear wing for it using an EF hatch wing.. kind of abandoned that though.. here are some pics just for fun..
792.jpg

Well I've got tons of things I still need to do. The car is currently under the knife. MUAHAHAHA! (hint hint). Stay tuned.

Comments

• EOSREOSR Band Wagon
    So my wagon has been down for a long time and but I've made a lot of progress lately..

5 speed pedals and shifter a manual wagon from the junkyard installed.
    44.jpg

45.jpg

The brake master cylinder was shot and had eaten the paint off the brake booster so I touched it up real quick..
    46.jpg

Mounted the IAT sensor to the intake piping..
    47.jpg

Best part is the engine is back in... not quite the same as it came out though.
    48.jpg

and I got some wheels too.. no money for tires so Im gonna have to rock the big 225/60/15 tires meanwhile..
    49.jpg

that's it for now.
  • mistahjoemistahjoe New Wagonist
    nice save on the wagon.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    nice start! pics of the paint in light !!
  • EOSREOSR Band Wagon
    My wagon is still down. I've been struggling to find time for it but I got some more progress done over the weekend.

I had converted from stock auto to a z6 manual transmission and hadn't figured out the rear motor mount issue until today. I just made a template out of cardboard for the t bracket and made my own. I also cut out an IACV delete plate. Oh and my clutch cable had busted so I replaced it with one from rockauto.
    I still have to find good coolant hoses because all the current ones leak.
    I've also advanced my cam almost 5 degrees.

New clutch cable. Made in Italy! haha
    101.jpg

IACV Delete Plate. Still need to sand and paint.
    102.jpg

T-Bracket for the rear motor mount. It also needs to be touched up.
    103.jpg104.jpg

105.jpg

It looks like tomorrow I'll be making some more progress. Hopefully I remember to take pictures for this thread...
  • Wow nice job cant believe how its coming alone nice job
  • MY_EEWagonMY_EEWagon Wagonist
    just cause of the rustoleum paintjob, i am subscribed!
  • EOSREOSR Band Wagon
    377.jpg

378.jpg

i still need to hook it up and I have everything to datalog just need to get familiar with logworks3 (software the wideband came with) and crome since that's what im gonna be learning to tune with. Granted i still need a burner to actually remap but im taking my time since ive never done any tuning before. I actually dont feel too comfortable with the idea. im not a big computer/math/graph/chart guy.. im a hammer n nails guy!
    anyway, if any of you are using a wideband and tuning your own rides i'd definately appreciate some insight. meanwhile, i'll keep searching on.

I also got my t-bracket installed. dont mind the spacers on that bottom bolt.. haha
    379.jpg

also swapped the z6 injectors for y8 injectors but i had to trim the tabs off so they'd clip into the z6 clips.
    left untrimmed, right trimmed. they fit like a glove.
    380.jpg

• jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    Is the rustoleum paint job orange peely?
  • EOSREOSR Band Wagon
    jongsr wrote: »
    Is the rustoleum paint job orange peely?

unfortunately, yes. It was only a two day ordeal with some bodywork included so I didnt take my time. I really just wanted one uniform color for various reason. but the paint is mainly to make it a little easier on the eye and for me to use a guide coat for the rest of the body work, whenever that happens.

I've done other rustoleum paint jobs with less orange peel than some new factory cars though. you just have to take your time really.. and spray when the weather is right if you dont have a fancy booth...
  • EOSREOSR Band Wagon
    made a pod thingy for my afr gauge with some stuff i found around the house. nothing fancy.

473.jpg

474.jpg

installed header on cn2 for ecu data logging.

475.jpg

476.jpg
  • EOSREOSR Band Wagon
    Kind of left this thing un-updated..
    Anyway, I finished the mini-me swap and drove it around for a little bit and although it ran great it was burning too much oil. Turned out someone sold me a head with worn exhaust guides.. So I pulled the swap out and dropped in my H22 that i had in my CB7.. I had that running for a while up until recently due to a bad clutch.

Here is the most recent picture of "El Elmo" waiting for its clutch..

228.jpg

ACS stage 1 off ebay. I'll let you guys know how it works out..

229.jpg

and a little goodie for the wagon.. also cheap and off ebay but its the thought that counts right!?

230.jpg