integra suspension "lift kit" for civic wagon?

i heard somewhere that using the integra (not sure on specific integra suspension) used on the civic wagon to raise it hence Lift Kit does anyone know anything else?

Comments

• duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    there was a post on the old forum about lifting the wagon, but i think that was one post that got wiped away when the board crashed

you can read up on the DA info here. clsmooth wrote a great post on suspension on the old board. he explains the teg springs here http://p196.ezboard.com/fhondacivicwagonfrm8.showMessage?topicID=36.topic
  • Another choice is to use the Springs off a Wagon 4WD,but that'll only buy you about 3/4-1"(19-25mm) more lift.
  • your not making any sense im talking about springs for the 4wd civic
  • duckie8310 wrote:
    there was a post on the old forum about lifting the wagon, but i think that was one post that got wiped away when the board crashed

you can read up on the DA info here. clsmooth wrote a great post on suspension on the old board. he explains the teg springs here http://p196.ezboard.com/fhondacivicwagonfrm8.showMessage?topicID=36.topic

thats to lower a civic not lift it
  • duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    yeah i knew that. you asked about the teg springs, and that was some info on the DA springs for ya.
  • well i read some where that you use the teg springs to lift the civic wagon
  • oh i found the post on the old forum. i see where you got the teg info on. but here ya go, hope it helps http://p196.ezboard.com/fhondacivicwagonfrm8.showMessage?topicID=90.topic
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    WagoVanMan:Duckie8310 gave you the answer in the DA article.The answer was in the paragraph above the 1st pic :roll: & in the 2nd paragraph under "Springs: DA recommended.". :roll: READ it CAREFULLY. :shock: Eyes wide open.
  • i have a lift kit on mine which i took the whole shock and spring from and integra in the fron=t you have to reallt pry to get it in and bolted on but when its on it is higher and super stiff then i took the front shock and springfrom a civic sedan and loosened the fork at the bottom and cut off the metal tab that stops the fork from sliding up the shock so it efectivly shortened the length of the fron shock by like 3 inches and i put that in the rear so i think it set about 2 inches higher
    but i only did that because ithe donor integras rear shock were bad i think you can use the entire integra suspension its very easy stuff to do
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    :) WOW.So did you install the modded Frt.Civic fork/shx in the clear :?:
  • yes it fits perfect if youd like i can get pics hahah but its snowy out and thats a pain in the ass look at the storm trooper death mobile in members rides thats mine there is a before and after
  • how much lift did you get up front with the teg setup? what year teg?

i have a gsr w/ skunk2 coil-overs and sprint 4" drop. i tried to use the teg struts w/ sprint springs and adjusters. it ended up stock hight and almost no down travel. the coils are too close together that if i crank up the adjusters they may shatter if i stuff the front.

today i tried some TL stoch springs but the diamitor was too big that it hit all kinds of stuff. now i am currenty on stock EG springs whitch is still lower.

need help. what springs should i try next for the most lift. i was thinking how is the cr-v struts set up?
  • sorry forgot to log in. thats my post up there. i have 2 88 rt 6-speed wagons.
  • sic944tsic944t Wagonist
    it is from the newest body style like 94 and up .. just a stock front i had to stand on the brake rotor and spindle while my buddy slid the bolt throgh cause they are that tall but any way it is just like a really high and stiff stock height
    i like it cause you pick up some clearane and pick up alot of spring rate but its a 2 man job cause its a tight fit and prying needs done but once its on there is allmost no sag it actually allmost does the oppisite to your camber making close to positive
    but just try to get a used set from a 94 plus and check it out ive never been happier
  • loodoodloodood Band Wagon
    just sitting here thinking about it....wouldn't you be able to take your shock "tophats" or whatever they call them (the part that sits ontop the spring) and cut some of the length off, and re-weld a plate ontop with a hole thru it for the shock. i know they'r only about 2 inches tall, so you wouldn't be able to get more rise than that, but i think it would leave you with the same amount of travel, just raise the body off the wheels a bit. lemme know what u think cuz that would certainly be the cheapest route with the most stock feel.
  • i think u r thinking of a strut type spacer thing right. they do this kind of lift for trucks and suvs. i thought of doing that but my welding is not that good and i dont have a plazma cutter. i think junk yard parts will be cheaper then hours of fab work for something that may brake. has anyone tryed cr-v stuff?
    if your serious i can take some pics of mine its beautiful and ive beat the crap outta it the setup is flawless
    here it is lifted the wheels are 205 60 16
    18.jpg
  • yes i am real serious. ive been trying anything my friends have laying around. if you can post some pixs and it looks like it can be done, ill try it.

your wagon looks sweet.
  • 2 days ago ai put in my skunk 2 coilovers for a DC with DC struts and cranked them all the way up. had about 1-2 inch lift.

whent on some trails yesterday to test it out. the ground clearence was not to bad. the only problem was that the skunk2s coils are wound too close together. the springs would bottom out befor the strut. i am still looking fou some stock DC springs

hay "sic" can you post some pixs of your cr-v suspension please.
    OK !!!!

now listen carefully this is super simple in front my car has a stock integra strut it is large and fits tight ... but it fits
    i think that you can also use a stock rear strut from an integra but i happened to have the front strut from a 92-95 four door but i think all of this stuff is interchangeable a rear compared to a front is a huge height difference the front are like 3-4 inches larger than you could ever make work ... so i cut off the brake line tabs and and metal bits and removed the bolt from the fork at the bottom allowing the fork to slide up the body of the shock and sit on the spring perch which allowed about a 3 inch drop on it making it the perfect height for the rear

now my car sits higher than stock and it is much much stiffer ..... but all my bushings are smoked and the car is beat but its a blast when i finish my 2 wheel drive i am gonna get a nicer 4 wheel and really make a nice beater ..... maybe this time i wont weld the roof rack straight to the roof ...
    75.jpg
  • thanks for keeping in touch. i under stand what you did. so you think that is about all the stock wagon suspension can handle?

i have pixs for the cr-v rear suspention next to an rt wagon and it looks like i coud swap the two. but i don't know how the front of the cr-v is set up. could you get some pixs of your cr-v's front suspention would be great. i want to make a monster wagon.
    well ive had the same idea ..... but if i were you i would just try to get a whole integra suspension i have one by the way but .... it seems perfect the front cant be lifted higher you would have to mod the sway bar or something .... you could possibly make some spacers and lift the entire subframes like they do on trucks for the body lift kinda thing .... maybe an inch outta that

but as far as easy to do id just bolt on a teg suspension and get some tall tires .....
    i had 205 60 16 and they rubbed some i would say try to get like a skinny tall 15 like a truck tires if possible maybe a 185 75 15 i dunno im just saying this stuff
    a 195 60 16 on full teg suspension would work good i think
  • i am going to try the spacer lift for the front when i do my swap. i am going to try and use the 94 teg sub frame so i dont have to use those stupid bars keeping the wheels from moving front to back. mine are all bent from trails. hpoe it all works out.
  • i was looking at a 92 accord suspention. i found that the struts are even taller then the dc teg. the accord should be hevier then the teg so it should have a higher spring rate. has anyone try this yet and did it work. still cant find a DC teg but plenty of those accords.
    any updates and a da teg will work too
  • not yet. i am still doing my DOHC ZC swap. if it goes well ill be at the junk on sat.
  • HankishHankish Band Wagon
    I had stock 94-00 Integra shocks and springs on a 89 CRX for a while just to get it on the road, and they lifted it a good 1.5 + inches. This set up bolts right on to the 89-91 CRX, so im sure it will bolt on to any 89-91 wagon. :wink:
    Hank
    ha that would look nutty on a rex
  • Any updates on dc suspension in a wagon?