Broken Valve Cover Bolt, How Do I Replace It!?!?

So I changed all the gaskets on under my valve cover and one of the bolts must have been ready to break... Started to tighten it and it snapped off like breaking a warm stick of butter... lol... anyways I have never messed with this kind of thing and want to know if anyone knows how to replace this thing.. thank you for reading and Love your wagon!!! Heres some pics...

319.jpg

320.jpg

321.jpg

Comments

• BenjameanosBenjameanos Band Wagon
    BTW its a 91 if that helps...
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    Been there done that. Just pull the cover off and grip it with some good vise grips. It should unscrew out. Just pull one from. Junk yard and replace it.
    Ya i kinda figured that.. thank you for the reply.. ill let you know how it goes..
  • DO NOT GRIP IT WITH VICE GRIPS.

It's actually connected at the bottom of the shaft it's on by a 10mm(?) bolt. Use a long socket to unscrew it from the engine and buy a replacement for it on rock auto. I have done this exact thing.
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    DO NOT GRIP IT WITH VICE GRIPS.

It's actually connected at the bottom of the shaft it's on by a 10mm(?) bolt. Use a long socket to unscrew it from the engine and buy a replacement for it on rock auto. I have done this exact thing.

Weird. I've always just gripped em and unscrewed them. But good to know.
    Ya i used a 10mm deep socket and came right out.. i had to remove the rocker assembly previously and didnt remember it was actually one of the bolts holding the that on when i did.. thanks for all the help guys. Got it replaced and all is good.. guy at the wrecking yard only charged me 5$ for three of the.. got 3 just in case.. ya nevet know... thanks again...