main relay?

I have an 88 wagon with a z6 its having starting issues. Like it has a mind of its own really lol when it won't start the key is turned to accessories and the relay behind the coin holder clicks a million times and you go to turn over it stops clicking and the car won't start Alost like its not getting fuel.. So I give up and wait a few hours than do the process all over but this time it doesn't click until you turn it over and starts right up lol help I'm fit to be tied

Comments

• HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Yes. Main fuel relay. Fix or replace. Instructions are available on this forum.
  • greenteagodgreenteagod Moderator
    And if you can't fix yourself, hit me up. I'll gladly re-solder some relays if you pay return shipping.
  • benjiwagonmanbenjiwagonman Band Wagon
    Sweet thanks guys a quick run too PNP yaa buddy
  • After PNP you should take GTG up on his offer since the one you are pulling is most likely on its way out as well.....or there is always rock auto for a new one and still send your spare to GTG or someone who can solder for ya!
  • MrWhoopeeMrWhoopee Wagonist
    I've fixed 3 of mine by re-soldering. The hardest part is getting the d*mn thing out of the car. Broke the side off the dash on one, made it really easy to get the relay out. The repair never failed to solve the problem
  • greenteagodgreenteagod Moderator
    Yeah I was almost bummed when my starting problem turned out to be a battery wire issue and not the main relay. I really enjoy soldering.