Its in the details

Comments

• They look pretty useless to me.
  • The new mustangs have a door projector like that. It's cool but seems pretty kitsch for our vehicles.

As far as a laser goes I can't imagine you wouldn't get in trouble for that. I did a flashing high center to get attention when braking. I don't feel I need more than that.
  • To each their own.
  • Do you have a TECHNICAL question about these? Being the technical section it would be fitting.

If you just want a "do these look cool" answer perhaps try your build thread :)
  • NZ-DB8R wrote: »
    Do you have a TECHNICAL question about these? Being the technical section it would be fitting.
    If you just want a "do these look cool" answer perhaps try your build thread :)

The category says "Want to make your ride look sexy? Discuss interior and exterior detailing."
    No, I'm looking for a "these look cool" response, I was just browsing ebay and thought I would post them up and ask if anyone have seen these in person..

I was just starting a discussion about interior and exterior detailing, and there were a few that chimed in the discussion.
    Personally I wouldn't install these on my Wagon, but as 503-Hill-Billy said "To each their own"
    & greenteagod added some good info to the discussion.

But I guess "Discuss interior and exterior detailing" doesn't mean discuss interior and exterior detailing!!
    Mybad!! :)
  • Sorry I just see it as the subforum title suggests as being purely Technical:

"CivicWagon.com Technical Discussion
    The Technical side of Wagons, maintenance tips, how-to's, specs and information found here."

I was just checking that I wasnt missing an actual technical question regarding legality or installation etc that may have been missed. Its not uncommon for threads to be a little vague sometimes
  • I dont understand why anyone would put the laser on their car. The tail lights are bright enough. Also if someone were to install this on a bigger suv or truck it would blind people with lowered cars.
  • 91 RT4WD wrote: »
    I dont understand why anyone would put the laser on their car. The tail lights are bright enough.
    I think the ideal is when driving in fog, only in fog and having it on all the time and not hooked up to your brake lights, as shown in this picture I found in Google images..
    1.png
    91 RT4WD wrote: »
    Also if someone were to install this on a bigger suv or truck it would blind people with lowered cars.
    It seems to be adjustable, I'm guess you point it down and not out..

I can see where it could be of use, but again I'm not sure it would be legal.. well at least here in Kentucky??
  • I see now. Where I live there is not very much fog so you can almost always see the other persons tail lights. Not sure but the car in the picture might not have their lights on.
  • MrWhoopeeMrWhoopee Wagonist
    MrJayDM wrote: »
    I think the ideal is when driving in fog, only in fog and having it on all the time and not hooked up to your brake lights, as shown in this picture I found in Google images..
    1.png

That's not HEAVY FOG! Heavy fog is when you have to lean out the side window to see the lines on the road 'cause you can't see 'em through the windshield.
    BTDT
  • greenteagodgreenteagod Moderator
    I would have to open fire on that as I see it as a larger part of an alien invasion. Can't abide cylons.