Wagon rt 5 speed shifter

I am Preparing for a rt auto to manual swap and i would like to know if I can use shifter and cables from a prelude for wagon or do I have to find wagon set up

Comments

• Bump. I'd like to know this also
  • leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    You need the wagon setup.
  • NastyN8sSlamvanNastyN8sSlamvan New Wagonist
    is that fact or opinion? (Not trying to sound like a dick) Or can you use the same setup out of the same year Honda Civic/Hatchback?
    is that fact or opinion? (Not trying to sound like a dick) Or can you use the same setup out of the same year Honda Civic/Hatchback?

Well RT's use cables, only civic wagon rt's use shifter cables. Other civic's use a shifter bar. As for the cables, im dead sure they're different parts, I had worked on both and the ends look similar but, don't forget the RT is a six speed and doesn't move the same as an accord or prelude shifter. Just my 2 cent opinion.
    o ok. So if you were doing an auto to manny swap on an 89 fwd wagon, you could basically slap any 5 speed civic tranny out of a 89-91 civic in it? Or would that be an issue?

Thank you for not getting offended, i just wanted to know if it was fact or opinion. lol
    Hey, you have an rt? your going to need the RT shifter cable setup + an rt 6 speed trans, otherwise you'll lose your 4wd when you put your 2wd trans in. Trust me, source out a rt trans and cable shifter setup.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    2WD = pretty much the same as any 4th Gen Hatch/CRX
    RT4WD = different kettle of fish
    whew. that was scary for me. but I took it wrong, so its way scarier for this guy..
    Haydz wrote:
    2WD = pretty much the same as any 4th Gen Hatch/CRX
    RT4WD = different kettle of fish

Thank You! I couldn't explain it right.
  • slo88crxslo88crx Senior Wagonist
    I know this is a really old thread! So I may start a new one once I get into a little more detail. But I wonder if the '06 accord shifter box and cables will work for us! They seem to work very similar. Plus the v6 was a 6 speed so maybe just maybe. Would be an upgrade and new parts. A plus side is a close buddy of mine has a j32 swapped 95 Civic Coupe. Maybe he will let me tear it apart since he hardly ever drives it. haha
  • I haven't really looked at them side by side but I'm pretty sure the cables wont work. The transmission is on the left in a V6 and if I remember right they hook up differently to the changer assembly. Also the shift box inside wont allow you to shift into SL past first. So direct drop in no, but with enough ingenuity you can make anything possible.
  • usdm420usdm420 Band Wagon
    So are the guys running single cam turbos on their RT4WD while maintaining 4wd running the stock RT 6-spd trans? Or is there a way to mod an adapter plate to use say....the old Si trannies?

Noob questions from a Wagon noob...sorry.
  • luis808luis808 Wagonist
    single cam turbo RT here. The stock tranny works fine. no need to go Si tranny and lose 4WD.