**Tell me how to build my ZC**

If you had a ZC sitting in your garage with near unlimited funds that you were going to drop in a DD RT what would you do and why?

Comments

• I've just started researching this unique engine so here it goes.... I may have some stuff just wrong

-DOHC ZC with adjustable cam gears... I like the idea fine tuning it.
    -Run off megasquirt... keeping the tuning theme going, plus the idea of building an ECU is cool. That, and all sorts of crazy stuff could be thrown into it like COP.
    -Lysholm supercharger.... crazy amounts of low end torque, instant response, love the sound. Second option would be turbocharged with a target of 220HP
    -AWIC, laminova cores..help with throttle response under boost.
    - 1.7 D Crank, upgraded sleeves, bored to around 1.8L total capacity--- not sure it that's even possible with the DOHC block.
    -Target compression 9.0? Not sure about this. I would want to keep throttle response because I think it's important for a DD, but safe boost needs lower comp.
    -forged internals
    -special coatings on the internals.... I stumbled upon some company that would coat internal parts with this product and they claimed it increased efficiency and decreased the chance of knock. That sounds worth it to me.

I'm sure the list will grow. But, definitely want more power with throttle response without blowing apart the tranny. Is 200HP that mark?... IDK.

But hey, while we're at it, develop a programmable electronic diff or viscous coupler that splits the torque between the front and rear wheels ALL THE TIME. AT4WD
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    Sell it, build a Z6. My DOHC ZC put a really bad taste in my mouth, and I would never use another, even if it was free. Given that;

Send it to Kaizenspeed, sleeved, custom rods and pistons, custom bisi grind cams and valvetrain for better power but very mild lope, twin scroll ramhorn feeding a twin scroll GTX3071, enjoy the capability. I would also send my trans to Synchrotech and have them go through it and pay them an abundance of money to make it at least 600hp capable, no matter cost, have them custom make an LSD for it and the rear end as well as build the diff so the only issue would be driveshaft and VC, which would be sent to DSS for a custom CF shaft and rebuilt VC.

/build.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    The ZC is an excellent engine... if you get the right one. I have driven many EF3/EF7 and found each and every one to perform differently.

I've always wanted to twin charge a ZC.
  • What's this lysholm SC. I thought JRSC was it for us.
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    Haydz wrote: »
    The ZC is an excellent engine... if you get the right one. I have driven many EF3/EF7 and found each and every one to perform differently.

I've always wanted to twin charge a ZC.

Hm, I guess I will see one someday then? lol. Mine was complete crap. Could have been the "rebuild," but who knows. All I know is that it was slower than my 92 VX hatch that was made for MPG. I'll stick to the Z6. Easier to source parts for.
  • bkmc24 wrote: »
    Sell it, build a Z6. My DOHC ZC put a really bad taste in my mouth, and I would never use another, even if it was free. Given that;

Send it to Kaizenspeed, sleeved, custom rods and pistons, custom bisi grind cams and valvetrain for better power but very mild lope, twin scroll ramhorn feeding a twin scroll GTX3071, enjoy the capability. I would also send my trans to Synchrotech and have them go through it and pay them an abundance of money to make it at least 600hp capable, no matter cost, have them custom make an LSD for it and the rear end as well as build the diff so the only issue would be driveshaft and VC, which would be sent to DSS for a custom CF shaft and rebuilt VC.

/build.
    PLUS 1
    Dump the ZC and build a z6
  • What's this lysholm SC. I thought JRSC was it for us.

Lysholm SC is a dream. If money were no object then I'd figure out a way to make these units work. Maybe have a pulley spin a set of gears which reverses the rotation to get the SC spinning in the right direction. The link is for a unit made for the VW/AUDI world. Again, if money were no object. This would require some custom fab work.

Lysholm Link