overhaul rebuild...compression problems

Hey I have a 91 rt4wd d16a6 block that I just did a master overhaul rebuild/semi-build on...this is no where near my first rodeo I've done A-Series...multiple B...multiple D...H...K...builds. I have a JDM d15b VTEC head on it that has not even 5000miles on it since I have rebuilt it reason y low miles is cuz I took it off of a block where cyl 3 rod blew...but all in the end head was checked over b4 I put it on my fresh block and after all the proper work it runs clean for most part it wouldn't hold a idle at all so I looked threw everything n here to find out cyl 4 is not firing at all plug white brand new looking just with fuel on it did compression test cyl 1-3 look how they should for a rebuild cyl 4 nothing...not even a little thought it was weird that it sounded to b running so strong on 3 cylinders if I held throttle...I'm sorry I'm posting for the first time on here ive been following for some time n finally signed up n now posting about this for some opinions I've recently been having nerve/spine/muscle problems in my back to where my memory has been in and out so any questions anyone has to help me figure this out so I don't look so dumb in reality infront of family, friends, and such would be nice thanks in advance...

Edit:::ecu and dizzy jumper obd0 to obd1 just in case someone wanted to kno

Comments

• i had an isuzu pup that would miss on idle but once it was off idle it seemed to run fine. the problem was 1 valve. i would double check valve clearance on that cylinder. maybe do a leakdown test to see if one of the valves is staying open.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    civtec350 wrote: »
    i had an isuzu pup that would miss on idle but once it was off idle it seemed to run fine. the problem was 1 valve. i would double check valve clearance on that cylinder. maybe do a leakdown test to see if one of the valves is staying open.

Everybody usually forgets the leak down test. It's very important! Do eeeet!
  • Figured out the issue already thanks peeps