please welcome Marshall, my new project wagon. another 1991 Whitey

wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
hey everyone, I've been pretty null from the forum for a while, but that doesn't mean I have been active in all things wagon. Saw this little guy on CL last week and made a very impulsive purchase.

quick stats:

1991 2WD 5-speed
177K miles
2 owner Savannah vehicle all it's life, still have the original Invoice
not a spec of rust anywhere
dirty as all hell, but with a deep clean should come out nice.
paint is actually glossy underneath all the grime
working A/C
came with OEM floor mats :encouragement: which I shall be cleaning thoroughly and sticking in my other wagon
....does not run... owner said it has a "blown engine" trying to figure out what he meant by that.

I only get a couple of hours at most once a week to work on it, so progress is going to be sloooooooowwww

but should be fun :))

Anyway, less talking, more pics...

465.jpg

466.jpg

467.jpg

468.jpg

469.jpg

470.jpg

471.jpg

472.jpg

473.jpg

474.jpg

475.jpg

476.jpg

477.jpg

478.jpg

479.jpg

Comments

• bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    It's a sickness!
  • And there is no cure! Nice find.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Looks great! Going to trick it out with EDM goodies?
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    I have no idea, probably not... not really sure if I am going to keep it around for long or not either. Just taking it one step at a time.
    It has crossed my mind to swap everything over from my other wagon onto this one, since this one has a nicer body (rust free) but time is super scarce.

Hoping to do a DOHC ZC swap if I can figure out funding for that lol
  • Look who's back! You have time, swap it all over, make one awesome rust free bucket, get rid of the other. Put it back in the garage like I did mine and bring it back out when the weather is nice.
    depending on how well this thing cleans up, that may happen...

unfortunately time is something i do not have (nor much money), I live in Charleston and have no space for cars, so this project wagon is at my parents' place in Savannah which is about 2 hours away. My other wagon (which I call Lily) is with me here... as is my DD, a 2000 Civic Coupe EX. Seeing as my girlfriend is also in Savannah it works out nicely because I visit her every single weekend (unless she comes up and sees me) but at the same it doesnt work out too nicely cause all time is spent with her and not cars :P

from here on out a few hours will be dedicated to working on them though, progress is going to be very slow... but, pics will be plenty ;)
  • FinnyFinny Band Wagon
    Nice! I like it! Looks like an overall solid stock wagon!
  • Agreed, definitely looks solid.
  • Interior looks pretty nice other than the usual drivers seat tear. I'm guessing by the grease marker on the valve cover that someone may have replaced the head with a junkyard unit at some point... maybe the previous owner trying to fix the "blown" engine.

Nice find. I look forward to the future updates.
    Already got a new tear-free seat from LowFlyin' :) I'm going to pull off all the upholstery and throw in the wash, especially after finding a used condom under the driver's floor mat... ew.

looks like the engine/head may have been replaced by the looks of that mark, I pulled the VC off and the rockers are SUPER clean. Previous owner knew nothing about mechanics so he didn't do any work himself. I'm hoping to do a compression check this weekend to see what the haps are underneath all this.

It is quite the solid wagon ;) the rear was hit when the previous owner spun out on some ice and hit a barrier. damage was pretty minimal, bumper is kind of jacked up as you can see in pics and the driver's side filler panel under the taillight was also ruined, but fortunately I had a spare one in perfect shape. When I installed it though I noticed that the tailgate and filler panel did not line up neatly, it almost feels as if the tailgate is warped or the entire back end is shifted over a few mm. hoping that's not the case, I'll be looking into that more later on... :/

will get more pics this weekend :)

thanks for the comments everyone!
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    I've seen that misalignment point to seizing tailgate hinges several times.
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Nice score! She'll Clean up nice.
    spent a few hours on him this weekend.. started by vacuuming and ended up deciding to just full on scrub the interior, so I gutted it...

also replaced loose/broken door hinges on driver's door..

compression test revealed the following results: 30/155/0/60 needless to say engine is toast, i peaked into the cylinder from the spark plug hole to see why i was getting 0 psi of pressure, and the reason was that he piston wasnt moving up and down lol. trying to decide on engine direction...

pics!

60.jpg

yes that is a condom..

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg