D16y7 swap

Hey guys so i have a 97 civic ek hatch (automatic) with a d16y7 ...i just recently got in an accident with it and the frame is bent so I'm pulling the motor

i just bought a 1990 civic wagon fwd 5spd with a blown 3rd cylinder in a d15 so my plan was to swap the d16 out of the civic into the wagon, but I have never done a swap befor and im running into problems
First off since the d15 in the wagon isn't fuel injector am i going to have to get a new fuel pump, will the motor mounts line up and on the top of the transmission there is somthing in the wiring harness with no bolt so idk how to disconnect it

anyways any tips or tricks any info would be really helpful thanks !

Comments

• Just swap the intake manifold off the D15 over to the D16 and run it off the D15 ECU.

Unless you are wanting to do an MPFI swap, as well...but you'll need a PM6 ECU and add some wires.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Good advice ^^.

Mounts: you'll need to take the left engine mount from the d15 and put it on the d16. (The one on the timing belt end).
    Since the other three mounts are on the transmission, no problem there.
  • ok thanx and there should be no problem mounting my corroborated intake on the d16 block? and any wiring harness differences i should know about?
  • hey guys so i was pulling the d15b2 out of my wagon yesterday and I heard a crack so after I had the motor out I i notice an oval shaped hole smack in the middle of the firewall looks like its perfectly in line with my shift boot and a cable attached to the back of my transmission, i have no idea what it is and how to re install it?