crxbrad's 90 Civic Wagon

Well, I've been looking for a different Civic to be my daily driver that I can also haul people and things in.
I was looking into getting a 96-00 sedan. But couldn't find any, for months that were a decent price and not just roached! But I had a pretty open mind. I have always had a soft spot for the EE wagon as well. So I came upon this on CL and I'm pretty happy with it.
I think it is a DX model. It has the D15 and 4 spd auto tranny
It has pretty minimal rust on rear quarters, small dents and dings here and there, and had a "minor" transmission problem(1st, 2nd, and 4th work fine. Seems to be no 3rd). FIXED
First thing I did was maintenance/tune up. As far as the tranny, I flushed the fluid. I checked all solenoids. Shifter and lock out. Checked the linkage, which was fine. The shifter is pretty solid.
Tranny fluid flush and change fixed it!
Well, here are some pics of when I brought it home.....
317.jpg
318.jpg
319.jpg
So that was in August of 2013.
I have since replaced some parts which needed done. Axles, ball joints, front wheel bearings, front brake pads, and the most recent.....
I did a little research and looked for reviews on these struts I've seen on the market. Didn't really find much though. I found two threads of guys who installed them and had a good result. So that gave me some confidence. I ordered them on a Saturday. They shipped the following Monday. And they were on my porch on Thursday. TruHart is the name. These are their "sport shocks" for CRX application.
I mated them with some Eibach Sportlines I had layin around in the garage. Also CRX application.
So I took just a few pictures as I was doing the install. Pretty straight forward. The new struts came with pretty good size new bump stops. I did not modify them at all. I may in the future, shorten the stock stops, install those, and see if it affects anything for the good or bad.
Here are some pictures.....
Made good use of my dad's heated garage with lift. Very handy.
320.jpg
321.jpg
322.jpg
323.jpg
324.jpg
And here is an after. I need to get some WAY better pictures when we get some better weather here in Missouri.
325.jpg
But as far as a review, the ride is great! So far. I'll continue to update as they settle and I continue driving it.
So this is the start of my BUILD THREAD. This one will be a build. Slow though. :)

Comments

• unc25unc25 New Wagonist
    How are the Truharts holding up?
    I just came across them and Ive been really thinking about picking them up. Id probably pair them with the Truhart springs
  • crxbradcrxbrad Band Wagon
    It's riding the same as when I first put them on.
    Doin fine.
  • crxbradcrxbrad Band Wagon
    So haven't done much to this thing. Just drive it every day.
    I have however, leveled out the ride height. The rear now sits same as the front. :)
    And here are some updated pictures...

351.jpg
    147.jpg
    350.jpg