Wagon keeps on stalling out.

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have always been an EF lover. I had a sedan, crx, and hatchback. Now, I finally got myself a wagon after many years.

Anyway I bought a wagon from someone that was an hour away from me and the car was fine. He got it registered and it passed smog so all I had to do is transfer it to my name. The day I was looking at it, everything seemed okay and driving it an hour back to my place it was good. Just for peace of mind, I went ahead and changed the spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Let me say it was a pain to get that screw out of the rotor (it stripped so I had to break pieces of it to get more space for the screw. Luckily it was a bolt/screw). I didn't replace the screw because I didn't have time to get another one so I used the same one. I tried to get it nice and snugged when tightening. I also did a radiator flush and added new coolant.

Then after driving for a week, the idle started to fluctuate and sometimes stall out. I thought it was IACV so I cleaned that. The idle still fluctuated then I realized I didn't top of the coolant. After I did that, the fluctuation went away.

After another week, it started to die out like fuel wasn't pumping. The idle was fine, it just dies like I have no gas. It starts up every single time though. I got a couple main relays from the junk yard so I tested those. One of them ran the car better. Then it started dying out again. I checked the ECU and it blinked 16 flashes so it was throwing CODE 16 (fuel injectors). I don't know if thats an issue. I checked the underhood fuse box and I noticed that the IG (50a) fuse looks bad.

The fuel pump Primes.

Do you guys think it could be ignitor related? Since the fuse is bad. Or can it be the Coil, ICM, etc?

The car starts up every time and it runs fine. Sometimes it feels like I'm losing power while driving, but it's not major. The only problem is that the car dies/stalls out at stop lights or while idling..

PLEASE HELP

Comments

• What year is your wagon? Mine is an 87 and I literally just took it to the shop yesterday to have the same issues looked at. Always has power while driving but when I a stop light or anything is coming up, I downshift to 2nd and when I'm close to taking it out of 2nd I can feel that the car is no longer running but in gear so it has to! When I finally get out of second the RPM's shoot straight to 0 and cuts out. Starts up right away after so when the light turns green so I HAVE NO CLUE. I'll keep you updated with my problems and hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone
  • Mine is also carbie so we could be talking about two totally different issues... :/
  • any resolutions to either of your problems? my 87 wago starts then you can watch the tach bounce around erratically then it dies