Roxanne the Red.

It has been a little while since I've owned a Wagon. Here is the link to my previous Wagon's build thread. http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?9785-GR33K-s-Wagon-Updated-3-24-56K!!!!

I acquired this Wagon from simplyhonda by jokingly saying he should sell me his Wagon. I didn't know it would actually happen though! Thanks again for holding the Wagon for me and selling it to me!
My friend Josh and I made the 4 1/2 hour trip down to North Carolina from Virginia to get this Wagon and it made the trip back no problem. She does have some issues that need to be addressed ASAP though. RF brake hose is leaking,
LF outer tie rod is bad, rear trailing arm bushings, battery tie down, and a clutch kit.

Now roll that beautiful footage!

520.jpg

There's my 1989 Civic Hatch in the background. It used to be my daily/racecar, but now it's full racecar.

521.jpg

522.jpg

523.jpg

524.jpg

525.jpg

526.jpg

527.jpg

And then I got all the parts I needed for a complete tune-up. I wasn't able to do the brake flush because I saw the RF hose is leaking, and I didn't do the valve cover gasket because I wanted to re-do
the valve cover wrinkle black and I didn't have enough time.

528.jpg

Updates should be coming whenever I get parts for her. Let me know what you think!

Comments

• simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    I'm so happy this went to a loving home where it will be cared for as it should. Looks like you're off to a fine start with all that OEM goodness!
    I sure hated to let her go, but such is life. I have my gold wagon and I think she would have gotten jealous. Glad the trip home went well with
    no issues. Enjoy and care for this beautiful machine! I will always be excited for updates and look forward to seeing it again at ECHM!
  • GR33KGR33K Wagonist
    I'm so happy this went to a loving home where it will be cared for as it should. Looks like you're off to a fine start with all that OEM goodness!
    I sure hated to let her go, but such is life. I have my gold wagon and I think she would have gotten jealous. Glad the trip home went well with
    no issues. Enjoy and care for this beautiful machine! I will always be excited for updates and look forward to seeing it again at ECHM!

I can't wait to roll in to ECHM with a lineup of Wagons! And in case y'all are wondering I replaced the rear differential fluid at work with one of the technicians.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    Gr33k glad you finally found an Rt4wd..
  • How much???
  • GR33KGR33K Wagonist
    3rd4ce wrote: »
    Gr33k glad you finally found an Rt4wd..

Thanks man! It met the criteria. Stock, red, manual transmission, and RT4WD!
    How much???

How much what?
  • PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    thats me dream wagon right there!
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    OK, Now I wish I would have asked him... LOL

Nice wagon :)
  • GR33KGR33K Wagonist
    thats me dream wagon right there!

Mine too! I'm glad I was actually able to get it.
    DRMORTY wrote: »
    OK, Now I wish I would have asked him... LOL

Nice wagon :)

Thanks!

I ordered Goodridge stainless steel brake lines and both outer tie rods.
    They should both be done by the end of the weekend.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Thats the way to buy a car, get it home, do the maintenance, all new fluids and enjoy it for years to come.
  • GR33KGR33K Wagonist
    Vladi wrote: »
    Thats the way to buy a car, get it home, do the maintenance, all new fluids and enjoy it for years to come.

I am really hoping to hang onto this for a long time and since it's my daily I need it to be in the best shape possible.
  • GR33KGR33K Wagonist
    I got the tie rods in at work today and wasted no time installing them. As soon as I got off school I went home and was able to do both outer tie rods within an hour.
    I was happy with myself. haha. Here are some pictures while I did them and then I went down to the pier afterwards on a test drive and snapped a couple pictures.

Out with the old.

591.jpg

D4C34C36-F4DE-439E-B551-38FC71881E64_zpsxy0jw43o.jpg

And in with the new!

592.jpg

593.jpg

594.jpg

And here are some pictures of the Wagon at the pier.

595.jpg

596.jpg

This is after I washed the engine bay and did the tune-up.

597.jpg
    Looking fantastic already!
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    So... Are you putting the Fog lights on this one?

And, are you going to be racing this one on the track too????
  • GR33KGR33K Wagonist
    Looking fantastic already!

It's getting there slowly, but surely!
    DRMORTY wrote: »
    So... Are you putting the Fog lights on this one?

And, are you going to be racing this one on the track too????

I will once my fiance's dad and I are able to work on it. As far as racing this one...
    I will only do autocross. I have a 1989 Civic hatch that is going to be used for racing.
    I actually need to update that build thread. A lot has happened to it.
  • Awesome, such a clean wagon. Its in good hands!
  • GR33KGR33K Wagonist
    Awesome, such a clean wagon. Its in good hands!

Thank you!
  • GR33KGR33K Wagonist
    While doing the tune-up the PCV valve didn't come out easily. It broke in half and the rubber tube coming from the breather box to the intake manifold broke apart too.
    I ordered the new part, but I just need a nicer day to put the tube in. Every time I shut the Wagon off it makes a high pitched sound coming from the breather box. haha

111.jpg

I even went as far as washing off the clamp so it's nice and shiny.

112.jpg

And then doing the stainless steel brake lines wasn't any more fun. taking the old ones off as okay and so was putting the new Goodridge SS lines on. Bleeding the brakes was a bit difficult. The RR barely bled and the LR didn't at all. LF and RF bled nicely.I was super let down because I wanted to play in the snow the next day for the first time in a 4WD vehicle! I woke up and drove to work (it's my day off) to consult with the technicians and they said it could be that the bleeders are clogged. My friend Josh who went with me to get the Wagon said the same thing too. I went back home and took the bleeders out of the rear and when I got them out fluid started coming out. By the time I made sure they weren't clogged there were two small puddles of brake fluid. I was happy. Oh, and during this whole time freezing rain is coming down. Anyways, I put the bleeders back in and my awesome fiance and I bled the brakes. They work, but the pedal isn't as firm as I would like it to be. The Wagon still stops though. Here are a couple pictures. I didn't get any of the lines with the wheels off because of the weather.

This is the RF.

113.jpg

And here is the LF.

114.jpg

115.jpg

I noticed this and thought it was cool. The center cap looks like a giant snowflake.

116.jpg

And lastly I went down the the parking lot at the pier and played a little.

117.jpg
  • Great wagon man, looks so clean and glad to see right off the bad you did a tune up! Keep it up and enjoy it
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    Rt testing out ok .?
  • GR33KGR33K Wagonist
    Great wagon man, looks so clean and glad to see right off the bad you did a tune up! Keep it up and enjoy it

Thanks! Comission pay is coming up soon so more parts will be getting ordered finally!
    3rd4ce wrote: »
    Rt testing out ok .?

Oh yes. I thoroughly tested it yesterday and had a blast!
  • greenteagodgreenteagod Moderator
    The Volvo wagon I owned before I got my civic was also named Roxanne, and was red. Stumbled across this in searching for Goodridge lines. They do look nice, can't wait to get mine in.

Restore that valve cover!
    Updates? I know you got some new shoes. ;)
  • GR33KGR33K Wagonist
    Here is a quick rundown of what happened between my last post and now.

I replace the blown hatch shocks.

4.jpg

Also replaced the dipstick.

5.jpg

Replaced these two that hold the license plate on because the originals were completely rusted through.

6.jpg

And then the wagon died on me at an intersection during rush hour. It was fun pushing this thing into the parking lot. I called AAA and had it towed home. After consulting with the Honda technicians at work they said it was more then likely the coil and/or ignitor and gave me good working spares to use to see if it solved the problem. It fired right up and I went ahead and ordered the parts for myself and she has been running fine ever since. On a side note, I have also replaced the O2 sensor since the original was throwing a code.

7.jpg