converting bolt pattern?

Is there any way we can just put say 4x114 itr hubs on the front and rear to convert to different bolt patterns?

Comments

• CharbCharb Administrator
    Yup... look up EF 5 lug swap. Same process, different parts. Then add wagon rear disk conversion to that.

MrM3 is 4x114.3

That's the only way I know of. Maybe there's something simpler I don't know of yet. But plan to spend and fab. Good luck.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    so that brings up another question shouldnt i be able to put a front hub on the rear so i could run discs and be 4wd?
    i swear i had a epiphany last night it should be rediculously easy to do this conversion and get rear discs with the new kit that was made
    i just really like the wheel selection 4x114 has but if it worked id think id go with 5x100
    in theory its the same things just different hubs so why not just switch the hubs i thought .
    and as for finding a 4x114 hub with splines for axles for the rear end as long as the spline count is the same on the 4x114 hub im pretty sure the RT axles are the same width on the splined part as b series so just run front hubs front and rear ?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    AFAIK it is not the disc that is the issue, but how you mount the calliper...
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    Sell me on why you would bother. Any money/time invested in that seems like a waste unless your car is 100% perfect and you are unemployed with spare parts on the floor.
    edit: i know it doesn't pertain to the topic, i come across as a 'hater'... but why?
  • I'm also interested as to why. Is it just a different selection of wheels available? My only reason to do a conversion is if I were to go to a 5 spoke wheel. Seeing a 5 spoke wheel with a 4 lug pattern makes me damn near physically ill. It just doesn't match up right and I weep.
    Haydz wrote: »
    AFAIK it is not the disc that is the issue, but how you mount the calliper...

thats what im thinking too but as charb said use the newly generated bracket by the approved vendor

and i never seen afaik before lol
    i scrolled up to see if you were replying to another member and i realized what that meant:hopelessness:

to greentea and quarters

1- i have a lot of time on my hands right now although strapped for cash im sure i can pull it off on my budget
    2-expand knowledge on the subject i been on stand by about this rear disc swap for us RT owners because i figured i wasnt mechanically inclined enough but i decided i am so thats where im at on that lol
    3-for my build i really want a nice OE spec Rim and with my current brakes i need 15" + in the front although my cars far from what id define as perfect - tbh its a pos haha but its my pos and i have a end goal with this thing after going on 6 years of just working to keep this pos on the road you can either give up on that goal or dream what ever you wanna call it because outside forces stopped you or you can keep innovating the idea continue to persue the end goal and eventually reach it! - 4x114 OE itr rims
  • The difficulty for either of those conversions, 4x114.3 or 5x114.3, will be finding a rear hub that will accept an axle and still fit the bearing and carrier in the RTA.
  • Or you could press out the hubs and have them re-drilled to 4x114.3 along with the discs + new studs added. This would be a costly exercise though.
  • If he has a drill press and is brave, he could always get a hubcentric rotor with the right pattern and use it as a guide for redrilling. DIY! Be manly!
  • Grifty wrote: »
    Or you could press out the hubs and have them re-drilled to 4x114.3 along with the discs + new studs added. This would be a costly exercise though.

That might be difficult with the design of the hub face having 2 very large holes machined into them.
  • They usually plug and redrill in those instances, that adds to the cost though.
    LowFlyin' wrote: »
    The difficulty for either of those conversions, 4x114.3 or 5x114.3, will be finding a rear hub that will accept an axle and still fit the bearing and carrier in the RTA.
    i was thinking a front hub might work but i dont know shit about this type of mechanics
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Isn't the CRV rear bearing what's used on the 5-lug Wagon conversions? :)
    so i guess the next question is the FWD use different brakes than RT and so is the process gunna be different aside from finding a hub with splines in it ?

took some time to dig up the material glad it was on the 4th page of his 21 page build lol
    MrM3 wrote: »
    Alright so here's some updates. ... but I got distracted by the 96 ITR brake conversion I bought so I went ahead and did the rear brake conversion. It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Including the teardown of both sets of trailing arms and all the labor to modify it I have a combined 9 hours in it so I don't think that's too bad.

869.jpg

870.jpg

You can see the spindle holes line up to the wagon spindle holes

871.jpg

I did have to drill a hole to access the caliper bracket bolt

872.jpg

873.jpg

Then I had to cut and fold the trailing arm where it pinches together to clear the caliper

874.jpg

875.jpg

876.jpg

Next I had to dent the trailing arm for the caliper piston and e brake cable bracket to fit

877.jpg

878.jpg

And here's a pic of the trailing arm apart

879.jpg

874.jpg

The center stud on the spindle just barely cleared the hole in the trailing arm so I had to dent it down around the stud

880.jpg

And then put it back together

881.jpg

Honestly with a torch and a hammer it was very easy to do. I was a little nervous getting started because so many people had said it was so difficult. It's not the prettiest thing ever but it all works so I'm pretty happy. Obviously I still have a ton of clean up to do as well as an all around brake job.

I also got the front put in it as well.

882.jpg

I also got all the parts needed for the hydro conversion as well as the parts for my brake line tuck.

883.jpg

It's the SONEM hydro bracket, EF pedals, the hydro line, new slave cylinder, clutch master, and reservoir. All the fittings are from Earl's and then there is a new prop valve and brake master.

I should have my wheels in a couple of days and hope to order some tires and lugnuts later today.

figure its a smart way to compile all the info in one spot for future ref.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    We know how to do it with cutting the arm... the issue is to do it without it.

The question was about stud patterns, now it's about rear disc conversion (which already has it's own thread).
This discussion has been closed.