Jane, The Epic Journey

191011121315»

Comments

• bam-bam wrote: »
    So... Custom how? Longer? Relieved cups? What''s different?

they had to make the axle it self maybe a half inch longer not sure of the exact length they extended it.

so when your taking corners it doesn't feel like the CV is trying to pull it self a part.

works pretty good, and no ripped CV boots!!!
  • So Jane is back up in the air for the time being....radiator took a dump a few nights ago.

422.jpg

Ordered up a half core w/ fan last night. Won't see it until Dec. 2nd according to UPS. Which sucks, leaves me riding my met until then in the 30 degree weather.

I'll be sure to have a writeup on how i go about fitting the half core and everything. Leaves room for the turbo i'm slowly piecing together.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Happy to see you! Now get to work.
  • lol thanks Bam. With the combination of buying a house and work picking up my spare time has been next to none. We're getting settled into our house finally. Trying to get things put together and put away. Saving our pennies to build a 30x40 shop on the side yard. Then the real work will begin.
  • FreekFreek Wagonist
    Loving speaker pods been forever since i really looked on here.
  • Freek wrote: »
    Loving speaker pods been forever since i really looked on here.

thanks man, they actually work really well.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    whats with the bull bar???? RUST!!! gross... *spits on the keyboard and walks away
  • I just moved to Washington. Is that a pic of Mulnomah Falls? Looks beautiful in the winter
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    I just moved to Washington. Is that a pic of Mulnomah Falls? Looks beautiful in the winter

What part?
  • Charb wrote: »
    What part?

Vancouver. Move from AZ, I have never seen a season before so fall blew my mind
  • How much that shop gonna cost ya? I'm looking at a 40x60 but having a hard time locking down pricing.
  • BillBoard wrote: »
    whats with the bull bar???? RUST!!! gross... *spits on the keyboard and walks away

youmadbro? rust is the new bling son.
  • WagoDan wrote: »
    How much that shop gonna cost ya? I'm looking at a 40x60 but having a hard time locking down pricing.

Unsure as of yet. My dad's best friend owns a concrete company and owes him A LOT, so hopefully he can pull me some concrete work. Haven't started to draw up plans yet. My focus has been on getting the fence build around the house for the dog. once were done with that i'll be able to focus on getting some shop plans sketched up and figure out the money side.

I cant start building until i get my half yearly bonus from work, which is like february. Then we should see a nice tax return between me and the wife so that should more or less pay for the materials and permits.
  • I just moved to Washington. Is that a pic of Mulnomah Falls? Looks beautiful in the winter

It's one of the falls out that way. Super awesome to go visit when everything is frozen. Hoping to get more opportunities this year to go visit.
  • So I've gotten a few updates going. My radiator took a dump a few weeks back so I bit the bullet and bought a half radiator and fan combination from Yonaka. I purchased a 92-95 NON VTEC radiator.

422.jpg

520.jpg

521.jpg

522.jpg

523.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy with the quality. I have read some reviews saying the fan goes out fairly quickly. Good thing a zigro fan will mount right up when this one dies.

It is way to tall to just set in and run. You've got to cut a bunch out of the lower support to make it fit down inside and still be able to close the hood.

524.jpg

I just measured how wide the radiator was and got my handy dandy cut off wheel and started cutting! Once you have enough removed the two pins for the bottom of the radiator will fit down between the cross member and the lower support. This will give you enough clearance so the hood will close properly.

The next step you need to take is to beat down a section of the cross member so the lower hose will fit. I just used an air hammer and beat the piss out of it until I had enough clearance. Be careful you dont punch a whole in it though, that would be bad. Apparently I didn't take any photos of it cut or beat down, I'll have to get back in there and snap some.

The upper hose needs to have about two inches cut out of it so it can be used with the new radiator. I also cut a piece of bulk hose and wrapped the upper support so the radiator doesn't rattle metal to metal while i wait for my upper mount. You can see it in this photo, zip tied in.

525.jpg

You just need a mount from an EG for the upper mount and then you should be golden. I plan on welding up some lower brackets so it sits in the engine bay exactly like it would in an EG. Next thing I write up will be how I used my AC button on my HVAC (disabled all my AC when I did my engine build) to turn on and off my radiator fan.
  • Since I have owned my wagon the radiator fan has never worked. No clue why, never really cared because she never over heated. Never really even tried to overheat. I decided that if I was going to do some trailing driving this summer I should probably have a fan just in case.

My buddy had an epic idea to hook up my non used AC button in my HVAC to run the radiator fan. When we did my engine build, we gutted the AC system completely. So I have a useless button on my HVAC, why not use it for something productive?

Here is a diagram of what needs to be done.

526.jpg

One connection

527.jpg

Second connection

528.jpg

The second connection comes from this plug which goes into this relay show in the photo.

529.jpg

It has two red blue's, one goes to the ECU which changes the idle when the AC is turned on. That one you need to just clip and put and end on it so it doesn't touch anything. If you do not clip the one wire then every time you hit the AC button to turn on the fan it will raise the RPM's up.

Once you do those two connections all you need to do is plug in the old AC fan plug into the other end that you soldered to the end of the fan on the radiator and boom you has fan on command.

530.jpg
  • No major updates for Jane. She will be going back under the knife as soon as winter ends. Now that I have a daily driver I can do the things to improve the lift and make it much safer and less stress on the unibody. I did take this last photo at Lake Cle Elum at the meet....new and improved Jane will be rolling late this year hopefully...

523.jpg
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    That is one badass picture!!

how much was the yonaka half radiator?
  • jongsr wrote: »
    That is one badass picture!!

how much was the yonaka half radiator?

Honestly i forget, i picked it up off ebay. i wanna say it was like 150 or so. super cheap.
  • Warn Wench Inc. BOOM.....
  • Warn Wench Inc. BOOM.....

In due time. Car is going back under the knife once winter is done and over with. Several parts of the lift are getting upgraded and adding a few more off-road bits.
  • That looks bad ass :smug: . I haven't been on in a long while. Life, and such making things difficult. I've had to really fight to keep my wagon. Luckily I've finally convinced the wife it's in our best interest financially to keep her, instead of getting something else. Which brings me to my current situation :disturbed: . I need to lift her ( My Wagon ) back to stock, or better. The wife is all about ditching the wagon, and getting a Subaru. So looking around I came across your thread, and 3rd4ce's thread. So now it's a scavenger hunt to find the parts I need to get her up in the air. Thanks for the info gents. As soon as I start I'll make a build thread.
  • Well today Jane went to a new home. Was a fun ride, now someone else will enjoy her.
  • Skunk2 makes a half-size radiator for 88–91 civic's. From what I understand it clears the hood and bolts in the stock location. Pricing is also very reasonable. Here's the link

http://store.skunk2.com/skunk2-alpha/alpha-series-radiators/radiator-1112.html
  • wagoguy909 wrote: »
    Skunk2 makes a half-size radiator for 88–91 civic's. From what I understand it clears the hood and bolts in the stock location. Pricing is also very reasonable. Here's the link

I'd be pretty impressed if it bolts into stock location seeing as the stock wagon has a full size radiator.....but hey, buy one and let us know!!
  • wagoguy909 wrote: »
    Skunk2 makes a half-size radiator for 88–91 civic's. From what I understand it clears the hood and bolts in the stock location. Pricing is also very reasonable. Here's the link

I'd be pretty impressed if it bolts into stock location seeing as the stock wagon has a full size radiator.....but hey, buy one and let us know!!
  • I just noticed we have the same last name, nice!