Some solid wheel info

I like as much actual solid info as I can get ahead of time on projects when I'm working on my car, so here is what I noted today when test fitting some wheels on my car.
Pertinent details:
-My fenders are completely OE right now. No rolling or pushing
-My suspension is completely stock with the exception of Option Racing (eBay) sleeve coilovers and DIY extended top hats

Wheels:
JNC 215
16x8 et+25

Car:
91 RT4WD

I spun my coilover all the way down in the front and disconnected the sway bar in an attempt to get the wheel close to the fender lip. I also pulled the inner liner out to be able to check the actual metal lip clearance. In the rear I just spun the coilover down about as much as I did in the front so it'd be somewhat level.

233.jpg

234.jpg

235.jpg

Front gap: 57.8mm

236.jpg

Spindle clearance

237.jpg

Spindle clearance: 26.3mm

238.jpg

Straight down from the top (wheel is slightly turned to the right)

239.jpg

Excuse my temporary/quick plumb bob.

240.jpg

Wheel sticks out: 8.9mm

241.jpg

It looks like it would come really close to clearing as the wheel comes up since it cambers in a bunch.

Rear gap: 65mm

242.jpg

Rear control arm clearance upper

243.jpg

Rear control arm clearance forward

244.jpg

Rear control arm clearance upper: 29.2mm

245.jpg

Rear control arm clearance forward:22.5mm

246.jpg

Straight down from the top

247.jpg

Wheel lip recessed in: 8.2mm

248.jpg

Rear lip thickness (no rolling): 21.8mm

249.jpg

My conclusion is that they "might" fit completely stock, but by rolling the rear and rolling/pushing the front a little, they should fit no problem. I know lots of guys have gone bigger and/or have put this exact size/offset on, but I wanted to get/give any exact data I could. Sometimes the info out there is foggy. I'll update when I put tires on.

Adam

Comments

• Atom D&DAtom D&D New Wagonist
    Wheel may, or may not weigh. 18.2lbs. My scale isn't used to weighing things this light. LOL

250.jpg
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    Buy a small luggage scale from Walmart. They are about $9 and has a nice hook and weighs items up to 50 lbs. I use one for any wheels or tires I want to weigh.
    Got them on yesterday. Went with 195/45R16 tires. I will weigh one wheel/tire combo this weekend.

445.jpg
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    Atom D&D wrote: »
    Got them on yesterday. Went with 195/45R16 tires. I will weigh one wheel/tire combo this weekend.

i dont get this thread! O_O
  • Looks good, nice work. The +25 offset helps alot, I run 7" zero and had to lip my guards.
    What colour is your wagon? Looks really good
    Looks good, nice work. The +25 offset helps alot, I run 7" zero and had to lip my guards.
    What colour is your wagon? Looks really good

Brown Plastidip
  • Great info. I am considering the same wheel size and offset with one exception a 205/50R15 tire. How much massaging was required for fitment? How much room do you have with the tires mounted? How much camber?