How to access the famous worn out wiper arm bushing?

One of many things on the to-do list but it's def up there in annoying.. have a manual but it's in Russian so I can't find the section. Is there a DIY on how to get to it? I took the plastic cowel thing off of a wagon at the junkyard but didn't see any of the wiper mechanism exposed.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• therichisgoodtherichisgood New Wagonist
    :miserable:
  • Just saw this post. I didn't see anything in my manual, but if it's anything like it was in my volvo my wiper setup was entirely up underneath the dashboard. Motor behind the glove box and then a connecting arm to the drivers side. So if that holds true for this vehicle that's where I'd look.
    Oh, I already figured this out..

1. take wiper arms off
    2. remove screw caps and screws from rain tray top
    3. remove clips along the rain tray bottom edge that is holding on the rubber weather seal
    4. remove rain tray

All the wiper arms and linkages are underneath in there. Yay for no more wonky wipers.
  • Sweet I'm needing to do so myself. You didn't get any pics along the way did you?

Is it a bushing that you need to DIY or is it something you can get from honda still. If it can still be acquired, do you happen to have a part number on it?
    The bushings are moulded into the arms so there's no removing without destroying. I just replaced the whole center arm with another I picked up from the wrecker and as far as I know, the wagon has different length arms than the Sedans/Hatches but I haven't checked for myself.

I remember seeing something about being able to replace the bushings with removable, aftermarket ones but I didn't bother looking too into it.