Steering Wheel Thread

Hi guys was wondering if you all could post your steering wheel set up and how it's attached? Don't forget to give the gritty details, pics and if you love it or not thanks.:encouragement: Can't wait to see some of your setups.

I personally have had bad luck trying to find a set up that looks good and doesn't have a big gap at the bottom.

Comments

• Here's mine. late 70's honda wheel bolts right up. space it tight from the wheel to the turn/wiper indicators but still love it.

[IMG][/img]EF871E59-C239-46E0-9356-52C218C7CC8F_zpsbpldijys.jpg
  • Bad ass old school that's what I'm talking about, can't wait to see more!!!
  • 90 RT4WD (Cody)90 RT4WD (Cody) Senior Wagonist
    382.jpg

160.jpg

Same late 70's Honda wheel here, but still thought I would share.
  • ^^ Nice Cody, you forgot do you like it? I sure do!^^^^
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    794.jpg

i feel like there is a theme here
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    oem steering wheel... Attached with super glue

420.jpg
  • ^^^^LOL fing awesome thanks for contributing BILLBOARD and 503Wagon^^^^^^^
  • LaserjockLaserjock New Wagonist
    Momo wheel and hub adapter. Horn Works ! ! !

801.jpg

It seems there are at least 2 versions of horn buttons out there. May be more I dont know. I was able to make the horn work by using the version on the right with the blue Sharpie pointing to it and the copper wire contact the pen is pointing to. It has the single spade connector.

802.jpg

Use the factory horn connector with the white wire and attach it to the single spade contact

803.jpg

You'll need all of the following to make the installation complete. Not shown is the 6 flathead screws which are metric.

804.jpg
  • Laserjock wrote: »
    Pic during mock up and test fit. Some of the hardware is missing ;]

Momo wheel and hub adapter. Horn Works ! ! !

I'll post more pics tomorrow after I upload.

Cool try to show the hub adapter in the pics, that would be sweet thanks for showing the setup and let us know how you like it. I liked that wheel had it on my ae86!
  • Please more steering wheels, LOL thanks all.
  • zakbloomzakbloom Band Wagon
    95.jpg

Alltezza Design wheel
    Nrg quick release, short hub and lock
  • ^^^^ sweet man like the wood can I git a profile shot to see what the setup looks like? Thanks for showing ^^^^^^
  • HeadBangerHeadBanger Band Wagon
    A Momo that I stole off a friend's Skyline. Came from Japan. I forget exact date but it's stamped as being made in '94-'96. Super bad shape, needs to be re-upholstered. It's on an e-bay boss kit. If you really want to see how it looks mounted I can snap a pic tomorrow.

564545_10153689632480074_382857943_n.jpg

More than likely picking up a Grip Royal soon and going with an NRG quick release. Depends on mod budget of course.

EDIT: for the record the wheel is on straight and the horn works.
  • Thanks man I like the wheel.
  • LaserjockLaserjock New Wagonist
    Momo Champion installed. Selling my setup above

417.jpg

Picture of the Molly hub and gap

418.jpg
  • ^^^^ Thanks like the wheel and setup, the gap is what I have been trying to git rid of. Not so easy to find set up that doesn't have this problem, but yours doesn't seam as bad as the ones I've tried thanks for showing and grate pics man.^
  • 710.jpg
    My Nardi and My personal
    711.jpg

712.jpg
  • This one's not in my honda, but I do plan on installing the same setup in the wagon eventually.

Grip Royal Dark Knight on an NRG v2.0 QD hub.

647.jpg
    719.jpg

I love the feel of the wheel, and the adapter/QD kit (sold by Grip Royal as well) doesn't make it sit too far from the controls either. It does come out a bit more than stock, but I like that as I can have my seat back a bit further now.

Loving those classic wood wheels. Beautiful stuff.
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    722.jpg
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Nardi Woodgrain with centerpad
    731.jpgP1010837 by db8.typer, on Flickr

Mugen SW2 with CenterPad
    732.jpgInterior by db8.typer, on Flickr

Both with HKB bosskit
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Omgomgomgomg Mugens SW2.

Seen 'm for sale for over $1000, they really worth that much?
    I like it lots tho!

Had quite some steering wheels the last year and tried 3 different hubs (Nardi, Selm, Luisi) and they all have a gap, some wheels stayed in a few weeks, some only made it a few minutes.

The Nardi; (Now Kerrygreens his)

1240643_194395057398373_1695374722_n.jpg

The Honda Access Momo wheel (which is in the Shuttle right now and I doubt Itll ever get out:)
    363.jpg

Atiwe 32 EDM optional steering wheel, pretty rare, only found existance of 4 of them till now (Might be picking up another one soon)
    733.jpg

Momo Gritti woodgrain and Momo Benetton F1 wheel(+shiftknob)
    Pretty cool wheels but not for my wagon (which I prefer to make full Honda Access);
    734.jpg
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Vladi wrote: »
    Omgomgomgomg Mugens SW2.

Seen 'm for sale for over $1000, they really worth that much?
    I like it lots tho!

I dont know really, I had it for sale for a while for $450, lots of interest but no buyers. Im quite happy to hold onto it for either future use or just a ornament.
    NZ-DB8R wrote: »
    I dont know really, I had it for sale for a while for $450, lots of interest but no buyers. Im quite happy to hold onto it for either future use or just a ornament.

450$ is not a bad price at all IMO.

Dont sell it man, youll regret later.
  • Nice wheels guys love how different they all are, keep it up seams that the nrg hub has the smallest gap. Show some side shots of the nrg humps thanks. Bad ass guys keep the pics coming.
  • Nice wheels guys love how different they all are, keep it up seams that the nrg hub has the smallest gap. Show some side shots of the nrg humps thanks. Bad ass guys keep the pics coming.

The NRG hub without the QD bit is extremely small, maybe 1/3 of the hub shown in my previous photo in this thread. I'd say about 1.5" in all, using my mk1v1 optics to measure.
  • Some of my steering wheels 736.jpg
    I have problems with this shit.
    Addicted to the hunt for classic/optional parts.

Picked this up last thursday.
    107.jpg

108.jpg
    The second one (pretty unknown what it is exactly, but it's optional EF Honda for sure ) is on his way.

Love these parts
    145.jpg

And another one.
  • Your killing me Vladi! Where are you getting all of these sexy parts?