Tiny plastic bit on door latch assembly.

Hey all,

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything related to my issue (if there is something, link it here pls) so here goes.

I was fiddling with my driver's side front door latch mechanism today because my inner handle stopped working - I got it to work again, but in the process broke the small white plastic bit that holds the rod from the inner handle in place (on the latch mechanism), and of course as soon as I got the door panel back on etc., the rod fell out. I should have known better, but was hoping it'd stay in place for a while.

Anybody have a source for getting the little buggers?

Comments

• Is it part #17 on there? I was looking at one of those diagrams but that bit looks more like the plastic retainer that holds the rod to the door metal itself, not to the latch mechanism. I don't see the bit I'm asking about in any of the exploded views.

I'm talking about the small white clip on the mech' itself that the rod end slides into, then you have to rotate it into place to lock the rod in.
  • Dj Hentai wrote: »
    Is it part #17 on there? I was looking at one of those diagrams but that bit looks more like the plastic retainer that holds the rod to the door metal itself, not to the latch mechanism. I don't see the bit I'm asking about in any of the exploded views.

I'm talking about the small white clip on the mech' itself that the rod end slides into, then you have to rotate it into place to lock the rod in.

i believe it is #17
  • napa sells door rod lock clips. there are a few different sizes though for different cars, and trucks.
    the part #'s are 765-2637, 765-2783, 765-2785, and 765-2786.
  • civtec350 wrote: »
    napa sells door rod lock clips. there are a few different sizes though for different cars, and trucks.
    the part #'s are 765-2637, 765-2783, 765-2785, and 765-2786.

nice, looks like one or more of those should work out. Thanks!

ETA: I should have known to check NAPA or the "HELP!" stuff, but I'm just so used to nothing being available for our wagons anymore that I didn't even bother lol