Replace OEM bushings with ES or Skunk2 LCAs

Well I was planning on getting some new Skunk2 rear LCAs, but after doing some reading around, I started to see some complaints about the quality of their bushings and many people said they wear out quickly.

I believe my Energy Suspension master bushing kit came with all of the rear LCA bushings...and I know they're supposed to be good quality...

So I guess my question is:

Replace rear LCAs with aftermarket ones, or just use the OEM LCAs and put the new ES bushings in them?

I'm leaning towards just using the OEM ones, because of price and the fact that dropping a couple of lbs of the LCAs is not necessarily worth almost $250 to me. Although I do like the look of aftermarket LCAs...if it weren't for the complaints about the quality of the bushings I would probably be going the aftermarket LCA route.

Anyone have any experience with this? Any input is always appreciated...

Comments

• quartersquarters Council Member
    Get the Godspeed ones cheap on ebay! I've never heard mine make a sound and have put them through 2 canadian winters so far. Replacing the OEM bushings is a pain in the ass and not worth it at all. That's my .02.
    I've used ES/Prothane, OEM, and currently using Godspeed rear LCA's. Plus the Godspeed's have provisions for a rear sway bar. You can buy 3 sets for the same price as 1set of skunkpoo's.
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    I'm personally picking up a set of DA lca's and just doing OE bushings... depends on what you need/want really
  • I as well did DA rear LCA's. Pulled a set out of a junk yard without really any cracks in the bushings. I've put two years I think on my lift, puts a ton of stress on those bushings and they're finally ready to give out. I'll probably go with the energy suspension kit and just redo my bushings. It is a pain in the ass to do, but worth it in the end.
  • Well I decided to go with the Function 7 LCAs...I've already come this far buying aftermarket parts, etc., so I figure I might as well go for the unsprung weight reduction.

I've heard nothing but good things about them, and they actually seem to honor their lifetime warranty with no questions asked. Only $25 more than the Skunk2's with their "redesigned" bushings: http://cms.skunk2.com/id/468/A-Better-LCA-Bushing/

Just not sure I trust that Skunk2 has gotten rid of all their issues...plus the Function 7's apparently work with any sway bar (and if they don't, they offer an adjustable sway bar end link to make essentially any setup work).

Anyway, thanks for the input guys! Side note: I now have a set of Energy Suspension LCA bushings for sale :encouragement: