Dx / 4wd seats in wagovan

I searched but couldn't find a hie to or any specific info. I bought an 89 wagovan and my buddy gave me a set of dx seats the fronts swaped right over no problem. The rears not so much. Do I need to cut the brackets out of the dx and weld them in. Any info would be great thanks guys. Pic would be awsome if someone has done this.

Comments

• love2Wagonlove2Wagon Band Wagon
    No help huh?
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    I don't remember having seen it done on here.

The short answer is yes. You will need to swap the brackets to do it right.
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    I presume you mean DX Wgn?There is a posting about this conversion.What you need to do is weld in the center brkt fro it to work.
  • love2Wagonlove2Wagon Band Wagon
    Yes dx wagon. I am going to be tempting this sometime this weekend. ill take a bunch of pics and post them if anyone is interested in trying this.
  • Ok so here is a quick write up on doing the rear seat swap into the wagovan.
    first you need remove the hinges that flip up the seatback
    One is a 12mm bolt and the other apears to be impossible to remove. I just used an agle grinder to cut a slot in to it then unsrewed it with a flat head. I'm sure they won't all be that easy
    431.jpg
  • Here it is out
    432.jpg
  • Second I drilled out the spot welds that holds center pivot point from the donar car . I made a big deal measureing ou t the placement, but turns out it already has the intention for it so it only fits one way. Clean up the surface then weld it in
    433.jpg
  • Next, you meed to drill out the striker brackets fron the donar car. The wagovan seat back doesn't have them here is the pic of one side drilled out
    434.jpgkg
    435.jpg
    Here is where you you meed to weld it in. Clean the area and weld it in
  • 436.jpg
    Ok last big thing. The brackets that hold the seat bottom in. The wagovan seat only has two brackets the dx has three. The two on the outside almost line up perfectly the will bolt right in. There is not a hole to bolt the center bracket in, so you need to either weld in a nut somehow or put in a self tapping metal screw. I haven't done anything yet. Here is a pic
  • 437.jpgSorry for the crappy pics. I had to re set my phone and I lost all my pics. You also need to grab the plastic inserts that go into the side plastics. Ill see if i can take pics of them. Heres a few of the seats installed
    438.jpg