So i've searched and need clarification

I keep looking at suspension set ups for the wagon (when I get one I plan on dropping it pretty dang low).
If I get a 91 wagon is it true that i can get 88-91 civic coilovers and they will fit?
Like this set up here : http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/pro ... 170&page=1
Then buy the pair of top hats for the front, the back is not necessary correct?

Also if I get coilover and LCA's I can get these blox 85-95 civic ones right: http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/pro ... 082&page=1

Then I read stuff about toe set ups to fix camber? Is this another thing necessary to get?

Sorry if this already has been covered but like I said I just need quick clarification cause I keep reading stuff about EF suspension and DA and I think I get it then I get confused again.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I can promise that the info is there, but from what you have written you seem have found it but dont quite understand fully.

-If you get aftermarket LCA then any rear shocks with a Fork type attachment will fit (EF, EG, DC, EK etc etc)

-I personally would recommend getting extended tophats for the rear, better ride quality and more chance if keeping rear springs captive which in my opinion is a must

-I would also say that if you are going to be slammed then definitely invest in some adjustable Toe and Camber arms, it will save you having to buy tyres every second month
  • Thanks much! and yeah I'm sure i've read it, just like you said I don't fully understand.
    So those Ground control coilovers + Koni Yellows + Ground control top hats will work with the blox style LCA on a 90 or 91 wagon as long as they are for a 89-91 civic correct?
    If I read your reply right anyway lol.
  • NZ-DB8R wrote:
    If you get aftermarket LCA then any rear shocks with a Fork type attachment will fit (EF, EG, DC, EK etc etc)

Beware! EK is not a bolt on. It can be made to fit, but it takes some fiddling.
  • superhatch wrote:

Yeah I read this and thats why I asked if I needed the toe adjusters which seems like thats a postive yes
    as long as I want to keep my tires for more than a month lol.
    So then I can use this suspension as long as I get read aftermarket control arms according to what "NZ-DB8R" wrote.
    And then they'll have no problems fitting in the front as well correct?

and to get another confusing thing out of the way, do I buy stuff for an 88-91 civics or crx's? I see both on some posts.
  • I cant give you a definitive answer on your rear suspension as all wagons in New Zealand have "eye" type rear, whereas I understand that in USA you have a mixture of Eye and Fork type
  • NZ-DB8R wrote:
    I cant give you a definitive answer on your rear suspension as all wagons in New Zealand have "eye" type rear, whereas I understand that in USA you have a mixture of Eye and Fork type

yeah i believe the rear is eye type and front is fork type. I just don't want to spend 1k on suspension and then not have it fit on either haha.
    thanks for helping guys. Are sway bars the same, aftermarket, buy for 88-91 civic?
  • There are a few threads on how to make a swaybar fit, i cant remember the details offhand but with a quick search you should find it
  • Any front sway bar for 1988-1991 Civic/Crx and even 1990-93 Integra front sway bars are bolt on. The rear is where fabrication needs to take place.
  • Jaker wrote:
    Any front sway bar for 1988-1991 Civic/Crx and even 1990-93 Integra front sway bars are bolt on. The rear is where fabrication needs to take place.

yes I heard and read they do and the fabrication is where it threw me off. So what about under the wago? I know certain OEM ones fit but what about aftermarket? same as the fronts? and the one in the rear that needs fab work is the one inside the trunk correct? or even underneath? I think I read something about someone having to fab the lower rear one as well.

Thanks for everyones help! newb to the wagoscene lol.
  • Ones inside are Strut Braces, not swaybars.
  • Yeah I never could get the names differentiated haha thanks nz-db8r.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    asnamasn wrote:
    NZ-DB8R wrote:
    I cant give you a definitive answer on your rear suspension as all wagons in New Zealand have "eye" type rear, whereas I understand that in USA you have a mixture of Eye and Fork type

yeah i believe the rear is eye type and front is fork type. I just don't want to spend 1k on suspension and then not have it fit on either haha.
    thanks for helping guys. Are sway bars the same, aftermarket, buy for 88-91 civic?

Just to clarify: 1988 wagons have the "eye" type rear struts/lower control arms. '89-91 (and all the aftermarket ones I've seen) are "fork" type.
  • Oh okay, thanks bam bam haha
  • Dont mean to bring up a dead tread, but what about after market rear lca's for a crx? Are these the same as the 89-91 wagovan lcas? (skunk2)
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    Yes they are. Please search next time. It's been covered multiple times.

Note the year and differences between 88 and 91. Same changes happened to crx as did wagon...