rear wiper delete

so i want to remove my rear wiper but wont be welding it away until i paint. on the H-T i saw where some integra folks were using plastic caps from a hardware store as well as honda oem delete plugs. does anyone know if the hole for our wiper is the same size as an integra?

Comments

• White&NerdyWhite&Nerdy Senior Wagonist
    I don't know if the wiper hole is the same as a Teg, but I do know that the kind of cap you're talking about using to block the hole is available in many many many sizes. If it's not Integra size, you should still be able to find a cap to fit.

You're looking to remove a wiper, and I'm dying to find a wiper arm for my gf's 88 CRX! It has the cheapass delete option - throw away the wiper and arm but leave the fully functional motor and stub in place. :roll: Fortunately that makes the repair a bolt-on affair - if I can find an arm.
  • how about a NASA size antenny for a while ?
    Yeah, then you'd look like a ham radio operator:

antenna-car-1-lrg.JPG
  • ow, that must be a Ford Porcupine...

yeezz...microwave...right there ...
  • stephenstephen Senior Wagonist
    could you imagine all the negative "feedback" you would get from wind on those antennas?
    <-- ham radio callsign KA1ULT 8)

I have ONE antenna on the roof of my wagon - 19" tall. That's it. Doesn't cause any noticeable resistance. I don't even hear it whistle. :)
  • EDwEFprtsEDwEFprts Senior Wagonist
    i used old accord antenna block off plates that 1991KA8 found to fit.
    they just barely fit and barely cover the unpainted portion of the hatch (due to removal of the wiper), but so far i've been pleased with them.
    1991KA8 even bought them for me at cost.
    1991KA8 wrote:
    www.civicwagon.com

...to anyone intrested ...part numbers and price on caps for rear wiper motor deletes:

Ref. number 27-antenna cap, part #39161-sf1-000, price $2.85
    Ref. number 28-antenna cap nut,part #39162-sf1-000, price $2.85
    Ref. number 29-antenna cap gasket,part number # 39163-sf1-000, price $2.40
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    measure the hole, go to the local parts/wrecking yard and start measuring. pick up some other goodies while you are there. i love going to the wreckers.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    measure the hole, eh :mrgreen:
  • no free rides D...
    :mrgreen:
  • quarters wrote:
    measure the hole, go to the local parts/wrecking yard and start measuring. pick up some other goodies while you are there. i love going to the wreckers.

.....wreckers... I love wreckers !!!
  • Mandalore88Mandalore88 Senior Wagonist
    EDwEFprts wrote:
    i used old accord antenna block off plates that 1991KA8 found to fit.
    they just barely fit and barely cover the unpainted portion of the hatch (due to removal of the wiper), but so far i've been pleased with them.
    1991KA8 even bought them for me at cost.
    1991KA8 wrote:
    www.civicwagon.com

...to anyone intrested ...part numbers and price on caps for rear wiper motor deletes:

Ref. number 27-antenna cap, part #39161-sf1-000, price $2.85
    Ref. number 28-antenna cap nut,part #39162-sf1-000, price $2.85
    Ref. number 29-antenna cap gasket,part number # 39163-sf1-000, price $2.40

Unfortunately 39163-sf1-000 is now discontinued. Finally got around to trying to order this.

Checked online dealers and had a friend that works at Honda check for me.

Any other solutions for a non-cheap look? Yes I check the junkyard every time for 90-91 Accord DX. I have also checked the plumbing section when ever I go to the hardware store for random grommets.
  • SOL_WAGONSOL_WAGON New Wagonist
    Go to pep boys autozone or o reilys and they have plastic peices for interior door panels. They are replacements for when u break the clips when u remove the panels. Hopefully this makes sense. But get the gm size they come with 3 in a pack. Add some crazy glue/epoxy and they're u go. I did this just recently
  • I understand this is an old tread, nut was just curious if a 88-91 civic hatch/or crx has the same size hole? Password jdm make a delete kit that i am possibly interested in getting if these parts are interchangeable. Any and all help is greatly appriciated.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    someone told me you can use one of the caps from under integra hoods or Eg hoods idk if that helps anyone , i wouldnt waste money on something like that id rather just ghettofab one up.
  • klum wrote: »
    someone told me you can use one of the caps from under integra hoods or Eg hoods idk if that helps anyone , i wouldnt waste money on something like that id rather just ghettofab one up.

I appriciate your feedback, but would like my info answered. It maybe a waste of money,but id feel better about just getting that kit,than dealing with fab work lol.
    Low_Lyfe wrote: »
    I appriciate your feedback, but would like my info answered. It maybe a waste of money,but id feel better about just getting that kit,than dealing with fab work lol.
    That's kind of Wat I was getting at the idea is you just get one of the caps from a hood and it just pops in plug n play status how much is the kit?
  • klum wrote: »
    That's kind of Wat I was getting at the idea is you just get one of the caps from a hood and it just pops in plug n play status how much is the kit?

Ah ok, and sorry if i came off as an asshole, i wasn't trying to be lol. The kit is only 30 and comes with o ring/gasket and (imo) it looks pretty neat
    no worries its just teh interwebz just tryin to help haha
  • Wtf I'm good on that lol