Lifted Civic wheel recommendations?

I'm currently in progress of gathering all the parts to lift my Civic like in the lifting a Civic wagon for dummies thread. The OP in that thread says he ended up with 205/65R15 size tires. I like the looks of them, and I'd like to keep some sidewall to my tire if that's the biggest I can go without rubbing, so 15 is probably the biggest I'll go. Does anyone recommend a wheel to go with his combination that won't mess things up offset wise? Is there a Honda wheel (later Civic, Fit, aftermarket) that would fit this setup and give me enough space to avoid any clearance issues?

Comments

• 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    there are many rims to with ....

i had white mini rims on mine until the super swampers with bead lock bassett rims arrived
  • NobiZeroNobiZero New Wagonist
    That seems really narrow to me. Are the Mini wheels wider than the stock wagon ones? I was hoping to gain some width too as I'm not too keen on the pizza cutter look of the stock 14's. I'm looking for something wider, but without too much backspacing so it hits the fenders or wheel wells and I'm not sure what the perfect balance of width and backspacing is.
  • CoveyJ3CoveyJ3 Band Wagon
    I have Integra fat fives on my lifted wagon running 205/60/15s. The wheels are 6 inches wide not really sure on the offset though, and my tires are about 8 inches wide. I did a test fit of some 205/70/15 tires on the same wheels and ran into issues with the inside of the tire hitting the upper ball joint because of the combination of height and width. Just something to keep in mind during your research.
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Pretty much any 15" wheel that has a offset between +45et and +35et and is between 6" and 7" wide will be fine, everything else comes down to personal taste
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    You need something with 4" or less back-spacing to clear the upper control arm with tall tires.

My Diamond wheels are 15x7, 4" backspace. (Zero offset, since backspace is measured from the outer lip of the wheel, and rim width is measured inside the bead seat). I couldn't find any wheel to suit me in 4x100, so I ordered custom. If I had it to do over, I'd buy Bassett wheels from Circle Track Imports.

For what it's worth, I run 205/60/15s on fatfives on my 2wd daily wagon. No problems, even with the added weight of the b20 swap.
    I was looking at Bassett wheels too, just wasn't sure what the correct specs would be. Thanks for the input, guys!
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    bam-bam wrote: »
    You need something with 4" or less back-spacing to clear the upper control arm with tall tires.

Thats quite odd, CR-V run 205/70R15 tyres stock and their front upright is identical to a Integra/Civic one (same length etc so one would assume same geometry) and they have +55et wheels and they dont rub at all
    If I trim the fenders a bit like on Scrappy (mine are all rusty, an I'm not a welder by any means) I'm sure I could clear 205/70R15's easily with the right spacing. Anyone have some decent winter/mud terrain tires to recommend?