Looking For Someone Who Can Make Molds.

i have some wagon vent visors that i scored yesterday they are factory honda ones. one of them is broken. instead of fixing it up somehow and having one thats different i would like to find someone who is capable of making quality molds so i could have more made as i know plenty of people on here would like to have some visors on there car. this is a serious look into having visors made for the wagon made off oem parts. im in no rush to send them to the first guy who says i can do it either. it would be nice to have visors made like the normal ones out there with the smoked plastic but i dont c that happening so i was thinking carbon fiber or fiberglass and you paint whatever color you want. if there is intrest i will look more into this if not ill just figure out how to get mine fixed up and then put them on my car.

to be 100% clear i will only send them to a trusted member on this forum not back alley joe. just want to help everyone out here. thanx for any input lets get this rolling.

Comments

• I tried this a couple of years ago only to never see my OEM visors ever again. Anyways, talk to CMERCE. He is the guy who has made Carbon Fiber hoods for our wagons. I was going to send them to him but thought if I had the molds made I could vacuum form them myself on my table, but again they never were returned. He was willing to do it but it will cost you your set because they will basically be absorbed into the mold. If you need more info PM me.
  • I know how to make fiber glass molds / parts and CB parts in the middle of making CB wagon hood and hatch just to see if I can if u want rain visor it shouldnt be hard at all to mold it and make out of fiber glass CB I have to order and it gets little costly I can look it up and see how they make the clear and tints ones and see if it's do able. I'll have to find the material
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    I am in the same boat as I have been hunting some EDM roof rack bolt caps and even tried to make my own with no luck so far. Ragenasian, that is terrible and total BS that someone would be so irresponsible and willingly steal your rare parts! We can thank the one idiot that screwed you over that ruins the honor system for the rest of us. Anyway, if the caps can be added to the reproduction list, I think there is a demand for them. Im in for a set!
  • It is kind of one of those "oh well" things. What I was trying to accomplish was making the molds and using my connections to getting high impact plastic and making these on the cheap for the community. I no longer have the time to do this so it is what it is. I would again recommend CMERCE though as he can pump out some very high quality carbon fiber visors and the price was going to be in the 200+ range. Considering people are charging more than that for some worn out OEM ones I think people would pay for some shiny carbon parts.
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    I def would consider a set at that price. Like you said, jdm ones are going for that if/when you can dind them.
  • ragenasian wrote: »
    I tried this a couple of years ago only to never see my OEM visors ever again. Anyways, talk to CMERCE. He is the guy who has made Carbon Fiber hoods for our wagons. I was going to send them to him but thought if I had the molds made I could vacuum form them myself on my table, but again they never were returned. He was willing to do it but it will cost you your set because they will basically be absorbed into the mold. If you need more info PM me.

i have tried getting in touch with him several times for a carbon hood and never get a reply i have called him and left many messages and never heard back. ive been trying to get a carbon hood for at least a year but cant find seem to make contact. he was my first choice when it came to these parts as well.
  • That's too bad because his hoods looked pretty nice.
  • ragenasian wrote: »
    That's too bad because his hoods looked pretty nice.

i agree they were some of the nicest I've seen. I guess he just doesn't come around often or at all. It's a shame really. And I'm still no closer to findin a solution to my problem with getting vent visors made either.
  • invalid wrote: »
    i agree they were some of the nicest I've seen. I guess he just doesn't come around often or at all. It's a shame really. And I'm still no closer to findin a solution to my problem with getting vent visors made either.

Someone you might be able to talk into it is a guy on the ECEFC.com site his website is tenbytencustomcarbon.com
  • Someone you might be able to talk into it is a guy on the ECEFC.com site his website is tenbytencustomcarbon.com

Looking now thanx.