Need a new thing that i don't know what's called

When i got my car inspected, this little problem came up in the end:
969138_10151812474329927_1761776872_n.jpg
Sorry about the large image.
The thing that should cover the wheel bearing is missing. Don't know how.
Does this same part from a crx fit on my 4th gen shuttle?
If not, what's it called - so I can order it and ship it to iceland.
There are not alot of shuttles around here, so the crx would be my best bet.
Thanks guys!

Comments

• I believe what you are looking for is called a "center cap."

As far as I know, most Honda center caps for our wheel sizes are the same, so a CRX one should work for ya.
  • Lol is this a joke?
    No haha, i don't need a center cap - the rpf1's are better this way!
    I need something that "screws" onto the thing that's in the middle.
    Sorry about all those "things", don't know the english names.
    This is a picture of the left front wheel:
    1237011_10201502793965053_1460386102_n.jpg?oh=78753fd5e238d39e32e642ebc509dfda&oe=523C1B28&__gda__=1379732207_f2c0dc1da68c3ceadcbdd1ad249df95a
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Wheel stud maybe? I thought you were talking about the center cap to haha.
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Are you missing the "Axle Nut" its the 32mm Nut that holds your hub brakes and ultimately you wheel... Pretty Important..

It goes on the threaded bolt sticking out of the middle...
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    I'm wrong. Don't listen to me lol....
  • DRMORTY wrote: »
    Are you missing the "Axle Nut" its the 32mm Nut that holds your hub brakes and ultimately you wheel... Pretty Important..

It goes on the threaded bolt sticking out of the middle...

That's it!
    Yeah I know, i haven't been driving it because of that.
    So, does anyone know if a crx axle nut will fit?
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-maintenance/axle-nut-size-90-crx-hf-49053/

I'm pretty sure Morty was talking about the wagon being 32mm so it should be the same because the CR-X is 32mm also according to the link above.
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Ya...
    They are standard on all EE & EF models.. So, yes CRX & Civics.. But also Integras.. Heck, If I remember correctly, I think Accords & Preludes too..

You could just go to a junk yard..
    They are cheap..

Just a big 32mm nut. That you have to indent at the notch on the shaft like the other one in you picture(this locks it into place).
  • Thanks guys! Got everything I need.
  • DRMORTY wrote: »
    Ya...
    They are standard on all EE & EF models.. So, yes CRX & Civics.. But also Integras.. Heck, If I remember correctly, I think Accords & Preludes too..

You could just go to a junk yard..
    They are cheap..

Just a big 32mm nut. That you have to indent at the notch on the shaft like the other one in you picture(this locks it into place).

I believe the '90-91 Prelude Si have 36mm nuts in the front. 32mm in the rear. Could be similar on the Accords of similar years.
  • hahaha holy shit I didn't realize the axle nut was missing in your first pic...I was so confused as to why a missing center cap would cause you to not pass inspection. :hopelessness:
  • hahaha holy shit I didn't realize the axle nut was missing in your first pic...I was so confused as to why a missing center cap would cause you to not pass inspection. :hopelessness:

I just notice this as well. lol
  • So, is there something specific that I need to do to install this?
    Just jack the car and put it in? Do I need to use a specific torque on the torque wrench?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    181ft/lbs. Torque it on there and then dent the metal into the notch.
  • Haydz wrote: »
    181ft/lbs. Torque it on there and then dent the metal into the notch.
    Damn, my torque wrench only goes 75 ft/lbs!
  • 1260858_10201545478512140_1188096425_n.jpg?oh=7d37713510001ee07f3fb7c84ea980cf&oe=5242530A&__gda__=1380099320_8fc162213a39f351e2a474ab82517158
    So I noticed this. I can't screw the nut on this!
    What do I need to replace? :(
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    if you cant get a nut on there (you'd be surprised) it's fine, that chunk taken out is where you hammer down your axle nut to stake it so it doesn't spin off on its own.

If not, you'd need to replace the axle.
  • Are the threads just screwed up around the groove? If so you could either try to get a big thread repair tool/die (not sure how easy it is to find one that large).

Otherwise you'd need to replace the axle, which has the threads on it.
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    http://www.amazon.com/Metric-Right-Thread-1-5mm-Pitch/dp/B00849M4SU lol $1 per MM, a new axle is like....60? Id go wit ha new axles before i tried to repair threads on one.
  • Abide wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/Metric-Right-Thread-1-5mm-Pitch/dp/B00849M4SU lol $1 per MM, a new axle is like....60? Id go wit ha new axles before i tried to repair threads on one.

Hah, not to mention the die holder, etc.

New axle for sure...