Rota BM8 15x8" & 15X9 question

Hello guys,

I am new to the forum, and I got a shuttle 2 days ago. I am shopping for wheels and I did come by some rota bm8's and I love them. Question is can I put 15x8 on front and 15x9 at the back, or should all 4 be the same size?

I am asking this because I do own an evo X and hence it is 4wd all 4 are the same size. Not sure about the shuttle tho.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• HaydzHaydz Moderator
    What offset are those wheels? My ET38 rims are 8" wide and they are only a few mm away from the trailing arm.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    0 offset I believe. The question is how will bigger wheels in the back affect the car overall? Or should they all be the same size.
  • They should all be the same. I am running staggered ones on my wagon but I had to do a lot of different calculations to get them damn near perfect but I won't be leaving it this way. I plan on changing them to run all the same sizes just in case.
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    With it being 4WD, I do not suggest running staggered wheels at all. Our 4WD system is old school but it is still not advisable.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Thank you for this advice. I will go on ahead and look for the same wheels but all four 15x8. However, I am deliberating 15x9s, or are they too much for our shuttle? My second question would be what tyres should be on this size wheel? I do want larger tire more then streched.
  • If you want more tire and less stretch I think you should stay at the 15x8 sizing. Look through my thread and you will see what I did to fit a 16x9 and 16x10 rim without all that nasty camber that seems so popular. 15x8 is a popular choice here just search around and you should see a size tire that you like.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Sure thing I will look into your thread. I am not into the popular stretching the tire deal.
  • crx_arturocrx_arturo New Wagonist
    On a 15x9 a 195/50 will work perfect
  • 225/45-15 with a 15x8 +30-6mm offset.

You would still have to roll the fenders, but you should be able to get the tires to tuck with moderate camber - 2.5-3.0°

You aren't going to get a meaty tire on a 0 offset x8 or x9 wheel unless you like box flares.