Stock black interior?

Is there any trim level in any country that had black carpeting, dash, ect. in the wagons? Also I'm looking into swapping a crx dash and the pictures are dead in the posts I've found in searches and I've gotten conflicting info. Do I have to add part of the wagon dash to the crx dash or not? And will the center console match up or will I have to go crx there as well? Any pictures of the fitment would be awesome!

Comments

• NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    No wagon anywhere had a OEM black Interior.

As for the CRX, trial and error will be the key. Cant rely on the internet to give you step by step instructions for every task. I dont imagine it would fit directly in as a Wagon center console would be longer due to higher dash position
  • cool. Thanks for the info and if I end up attempting it I'll do a write up on it.
  • Red RT4WDs had OEM black interiors.
  • Red RT4WDs had OEM black interiors.

mine has grey. i also never saw black interior unless it was swaped in the usa. i am new to wagons
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    no red wagons had black interior. they came with Palmy Grey:)

i dyed my whole interior black with SEM, but its a bitch. well worth it in the end.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    Red RT4WDs had OEM black interiors.

FALSE FALSE FALSE.

No Wagon in any country came stock with Black Interior.

As for the CRX dash, you have cut to wagon top off and mount it crx top- the portion on the wagon that touches the windshield is longer than any other EF dash.

I also imagane you will need the crx metal cage that goes under the dash as it is shaped differently too.

It has been done. It's possible. Is it worth it.....? I guess thats up to you to decide.

after some searching around I found the thread of the guy that originally did this: all pix are dead :(
    http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?121-Crx-hybrid-dash-swap-Integra-gauge-cluster-amp-3-gauge-po

and a cautionary tale

http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?1212-crx-dash-woes&highlight=crx+dash
  • Thanks for the info! Looks like paint, dye, and re-upholstery are the way I'll be going.
  • Thanks for the info! Looks like paint, dye, and re-upholstery are the way I'll be going.

post some pics when your done. i think it will look alot better than the factory color options.