Picture of rear dome light

does anyone have a picture of the rear dome light so i know what to look for when i take one from a different vehicle? i know honda uses the same ones for a lot of cars, mine didnt come with one :( thanks

Comments

• ppruepprue Wagonist
    I don't have a pic but I can tell you its not much bigger than the light assembly itself and also if i remember correctly it has two prongs that snap into the light assembly. One of the first interior items I replaced, it drove me crazy every time I
    looked in the rear view.
  • eh3eh3 New Wagonist
    No pic, but I know the cover is the same as the one in my EG Si. So it's probably the same.
  • gtcaligtcali Band Wagon
    Can anyone confirm if the EG Si done line cover/lens fits the rear dome light? All EGs, EG hatches or just Si?
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    gtcali wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the EG Si done line cover/lens fits the rear dome light? All EGs, EG hatches or just Si?
    Saw your post and the limited detail in the replies, so I figured I would add some more info since I have a wagon, a 94 CX hatch and a 95 EX coupe.
    After pulling all covers heres the breakdown:
    265.jpg

Far left is the light covers from the wagon. Center dome light is on the top (W)3 3/4 x (H)2 3/4), rear dome light on the bottom (W)2 3/4 x (H)1 3/4)
    Center is dome light from my EG CX hatch (W)2 7/8 x (H)2 1/8). Does not have a rear dome light.
    Right is dome light from my EG EX 2dr coupe (W)~4 3/8 x (H)2 1/8)

Here is a shot of the bottom of the covers so that you get an idea of how they snap into the light housing by chance you find another compatable cover that is the same demensions.
    266.jpg

You will still have to get confirmation that the EG Si has a rear dome light in order to tell if it may fit or not. My guess is if it does have a light, it will not be wagon worthy as all 3 of my cars seem to be different.

Def let us know what you find out!

Good Luck!
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    EF Hatchback DX and Si have the same in the cargo area as the wagon.
  • gtcaligtcali Band Wagon
    Prennro, thanks for taking the time out to take pics. Wagodizzle thanks for the knowledge.
  • Thanks guys I ended up using one from an 07 RDX/ MDX it fits right in and looks a little sleeker
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Did you use just the lens cover or did you replace the whole fixture?
  • Prennro wrote: »
    Did you use just the lens cover or did you replace the whole fixture?
    the RDX/MDX is a one piece unit made from clear plastic and i think its like 10$