just wonder

ok so my friend owns a few accords and on his forum he was reading that EF upper control arms give negative camber here is the link http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=156512
so does the mean accord upper control arms could correct camber for EF when being slammed?
cause if so then i got some free uca from my friend. thinking about trying it out unless someone has a correct answer for me

Comments

• i'd be surprised if the accord upper arms will bolt up to the wagon chassis.
  • ill let you guys know here in a couple of weeks if i decide to do it. gotta go pick them up see if they fit if anything i just dont want them to over fix and have posotive camber
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    503Wagon wrote:
    i'd be surprised if the accord upper arms will bolt up to the wagon chassis.

that's what i was thinking. but if you look at that thread, and if he did use ef arms, the accord ones should also be bolt on. right? i think it may work, but i also think you will end up having positive camber which defeats the whole purpose. your fenders will not like you. still, i'd like to see it though.
  • yeah i was thinking about it but i dont want positive camber lol but worth a try if your not rolling 15x8's and have badd camber
  • HakosukaHakosuka Wagonist
    Any one else tried this?
    I found a thread on Honda-Tech: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2590492&page=2 (Ignore the bullshit on the first page).
    There is no data for how many ° the camber is changed... If I would know the difference in the length from bolt to bolt, I could probably calculate it...
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    Using the 2 links you could ballpark calculate it otherwise you'll need to find a Accord or junkyard to do so measurements.Reread the 2 links & look at the pictures carefully.
    The number I'd start with is 1/2"(12.5mm) longer.You probably meant bolt to ball joint.
    2 guys on the link say 4-6 degrees.S2's are 3 degrees.My ball park calculation is 2 degrees.
    If you need further help let me know.
  • HakosukaHakosuka Wagonist
    Thanks, I couldn't get it from the shop, so I won't even look further. I am thinking of fabricating an adjustable or just cut and weld. This way, I will probably see, how much camber is reduced, by lengthening for say 1cm.